News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone ever made their own dual inlet fuel line for a Holley carb?

Started by Blakcharger440, May 28, 2007, 05:25:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blakcharger440

As anyone ever made their own dual inlet fuel line for a holley carb? Please show me what you made and what fittings you used.

Anyone have any good ideas?

mikepmcs

yep, i did cause the chrome rail wouldn't fit.  just get a tee and tap off the main feed and run some more line to the 2 inlets to the carb and put some clamps on them.  I'll try to find a pic.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

mikepmcs

here ya go

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Brightyellow69rtse

my chrome rail wouldnt fit either. then i added a 3/4" spacer under the carb :)...........Mike

Just 6T9 CHGR

Fabulous Fabrications made mine....... $35 IIRC

PS---Mike, don't take this the wrong way but I would seriously consider reconfiguring your fuel supply line.......plastic vacuum t-connectors & a plastic fuel filter right over the exh manifold dont mix....   :Twocents:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mikepmcs

Chris,
Sounds good.  I never get my feathers ruffled and appreciate the feedback.

Do you have contact info for them.  I'd like to do the same setup. The single steel line you have going towards the pump does that line in fact continue to the pump(as in a rigid line from the pump to the part where you split it off) from where you have it junctioned off going to the carb. Does that make sense, what I asked?  Where is your filter located and what brand is the filter?

thanks
v/r
Mike

Just 6T9 CHGR

Mike I am using the factory vapor seperator that has a small screen filter built in.

The fuel line runs neatly up from the pump.  He does a really nice job & you can get it made in any diameter you wish.  I'm sure he could supply a brass tee fitting that has a port for your fuel gauge as well.  I chose the factory diameter of 5/16" up to the carb

He advertises in MCG but heres his outdated website.  Contact info should still be good

http://members.aol.com/sixpackbee/

PS---attn Bill Alphin...please look away & disregard the worm clamps ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mikepmcs

Chris,
Thank you for taking your time and mapping it out. That is some comprehensive and much appreciated info.

I'm on it!

v/r
Mike

Chatt69chgr

Chris-----that Fabulous Fabrications link doesn't work for me.  Do you have a e-mail or tel number for them.  I need these lines too.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Works for me :scratchchin:
FUEL LINES FOR MOPAR 383 & 440:

*   For Holley dual feed 4 bbls

*  FIT MOPAR B&RB motors

*  All steel lines

*  Inverted flare fittings

*   No distributor interference

*  Available in 3/8" and 5/16"

*   Available for double pumper

*  Available for vacuum secondaries

*  $35.00 per set plus $3 shipping

Email ...  SixPackBee@aol.com

Phone...  (303) 666-9882
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mikepmcs

Ordered today.  He's got a week to 2 backorder cause he's swamped.  Thank you Chris!

v/r
Mike

Rolling_Thunder

I've made very similar ones to Chris's out of stainless steel...       :D   I couldnt do it for $35.00 though    :flame:
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Just 6T9 CHGR

Chris' '69 Charger R/T

whitehatspecial

Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

Blakcharger440

Thanks guys. I am going to give that place a call to order mine.

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: whitehatspecial on May 30, 2007, 02:50:56 PM
How about AN fittings?

I've done that too...   actually it is my perferred method...    expensive though...      you would need the fittings and tubing - stainless tubing requires specific (*expensive) tools including benders and flaring tools....      AN* use a 37* single flare...     the flaring tool I purchased was around $300...      the benders are roughtly $285 each...    I have a 3/8" and a 1/2" so far...       then it is simply whatever AN fittings you need, tube sleeves and nuts...      all in all an expensive way to do it...      but they sure do look cool...     
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

Chatt69chgr

I called Greg at Fabulous Fabrications this afternoon to get him to make a set of dual fuel lines for my 69 Charger with Holley carb.  He told me that the old OEM steel line that he used to use dried up about two months ago.  He tried other steel line but it was all garbage--some even had weld fragments inside.  He had to go to stainless to get decent lines-----he really cares about quality and won't make anything that doesn't meet his high standards.  He is a wealth of information and counciled me on what my application was before he took the order.  He was extremely helpful.  He had to increase his prices because of the change to stainless.  His 5/16 lines are now $45 and his 3/8 lines are $50 both plus a flat $5 s&h.  He doesn't like taking orders via e-mail (although he has an e-mail address sixpackbee@aol.com) but prefers to talk to each of his customers on the phone.  You can reach him at 303-666-9882.  He lives just south of Boulder, Colorado.  He is a one man operation so you may have to leave a message and have him call you back.  He can make lines for not only the 3310 Holley but the Street Avenger as well as Demon carbs.  I think he mentioned AFB's and AVS's too. 

I would like to thank Chris for letting us know about Greg.

mikepmcs

In this picture of Chris' lines.  I've circled my problem.  The fittings that came with my lines from Greg do not fit into my Holley openings.  I've arrowed what I'm trying to describe.  1 does not fit into 2, it's too small a fitting.  I went to the hardware store and can't seem to score the right fitting(s) due to flare issues, etc.....  I'm also worried about lengthening the whole assembly with more fittings, with it being a custom fit and all. 

My carb is the one in the picture around the second post.  Holley HP750.  I don't really know what kind of response I'm looking for here, just typing out loud I guess.

I know the time lapse between me ordering this and just now installing is really unforgivable but I never even drove the car last year except once just to put it in a ditch.  So basically it's been in the garage for over a year(and of course the body shop)

Any thoughts, advice, nutkicks greatly and humbly appreciated.

I also noticed after really studying the pictures that my fuel pump is a feed line and a line to the carb, nothing else.  In other words it looks nothing like Chris' setup with the 1/4" return line and vapor separator.  What problems am I causing here with the bastard setup I have fuel pump wise?  Thanks for the patience and the education.

69chargerR/T

I think you can get different size fittings to go in the carb to fit the fittings you have on the fuel line. Summit will probably have them,what size fuel did you get. 

mikepmcs

5/16's.  It looks exactly like Chris' setup, except... his fits.  Thanks for the info, i'll try the local auto stores today as they sell some Holley stuff.  I was kind of hoping that was the case.

thanks
Mike

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: 69chargerR/T on January 10, 2009, 09:56:39 PM
I think you can get different size fittings to go in the carb to fit the fittings you have on the fuel line. Summit will probably have them,what size fuel did you get. 

Thats it Mike.  I believe Holley's come with the 3/8" fittings out of the box...I had to get the 5/16" specially from Summit....forgot to mention that.  Sorry :(

Also Mike do you have a return line in your car?  Off hand I cant remember if your car was a factory BB car....
Not using the return line (if you have one) is not hurting the car in any way AFAIK
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

mikepmcs

Yes, factory 383.  Will order the fittings from summit today just want to make sure this is correct.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?autofilter=1&part=HLY-26-27&N=700+115&autoview=sku

No return line that I can see.  Just in the fuel pump, out the fuel pump straight to the carb.  I'll just get a standard fuel filter and place it in line to the carb.  No need for a vapor sep then I guess??  I'll have to get under there and start digging. 

Snowing like crazy today and the old blower motor is stuck on in the Chebbie truck, had to pull the fuse to shut it off.(typical chevy problem that manufacturer refuses to recognize. It actually can and has burned trucks to the ground.)  I'm having a bad car day.  Plow won't attach either.  Boss V plow 30 second mount my a$$, what they forget to mention is it is only valid if you live on perfectly flat and level ground and paved at that.  Oh well, football starts in a few hours. :2thumbs:

69chargerR/T