News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

what backspacing/tire size will fit?

Started by 69Bee, May 28, 2007, 01:33:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69Bee

hey guys, the 69 Bee is almost done, i need rims and tires now.  i want 20" rims but am not sure what tire size/offset will work with the stock 8 3/4 and wheel housings.  can anyone tell me what offset and tire size will work in 20" rims?  also whats the widest rim/tire i can go ? i want a wide rim/tire combo in the rear, but not too wide in the front, probably around a 265???? thanks

moparguy01

a 265 is a pretty wide tire. youll rub with something that big in the front of your car. Personally i think that 20" rims will look horrid on a muscle car, but to each their own, I'd love to be proved wrong about that, so i'm not just trying to dog ya. Your best bet will be to go find a competant tire shop where you want rims and tell them what you want, and see if they can measure it out for you, they should be willing to as long as they get a sale out of it.

I'd also think youd need a almost stock offset, but i dont have one to measure so i'm not even gonna throw numbers around, since i dont want to be responsible if they dont fit.
Good luck.

70charger_boy

I've got some 20 inch rims and tires on my 70 charger.  The only tire that would fit would be 225/35/20's the overall diameter on this wheel combo will be 29 inches. backspacing is 4.5 inches and has a 2 inch lip

69Bee

70charger_boy,  do u mean 225 on front?  what size do you have in the rear? and how wide are those rims? thanks

70charger_boy

Quote from: 69Bee on May 28, 2007, 10:55:55 PM
70charger_boy, do u mean 225 on front? what size do you have in the rear? and how wide are those rims? thanks

you need to get 225's both front and rear.  My rims are 9 1/2 inches wide.  Also, you will have to check to make sure the style lugnuts you need.  If it calls for tuner style lugnuts then you will have to change your reverse thread studs over to right hand thread, because I don't think they make left handed tuner lugnuts.  I hope this helps

69Bee

i would like to put wider than a 225 on the rear as the car is gonna be around 600-650 hp.  is there any other solution? anyone? thanks