News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Dougs Headers

Started by v21hemicharger, May 26, 2007, 11:33:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

v21hemicharger

I want to put doug's headers on my 69 but am using 400 stroker with Eddy performers.  Can I use 440 rb headers or do I need the B headers that are 1  3/4 "  Really want the 2" RB.  Any experience on this?  Thanks, Mike

Ghoste

Diameter should be your biggest concern and I wouldn't use the 2 inch until I was over the 451 cubic inch mark.  That's a generalization of course.
How big is your stroker?

HDCharger

Make sure they will work with the Eddys.  I had the Thorley headers that would not work because of the angled plug design on the Eddy heads. I know Thorley and Dougs are 2 different companies now but check it out before you spend your hard earned $.   I bit the bullet and bought a set of TTIs.
MSG, US Army, Retired
1973 Charger SE
1976 Stepside Powerwagon
2007 Ram 1500 Laramie
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
1967 Dodge Truck

Runner

Quote from: HDCharger on May 27, 2007, 07:48:23 AM
Make sure they will work with the Eddys.  I had the Thorley headers that would not work because of the angled plug design on the Eddy heads. I know Thorley and Dougs are 2 different companies now but check it out before you spend your hard earned $.   I bit the bullet and bought a set of TTIs.

thats interesting what plugs had problems.  a guy from summit lists the thorleys as the best header for e-heads that THEY sell (from a write up that he did.    ive ran headman headers with next to no issues with my e heads and also hooker comps both of wich ive read wont work but they did.   if hooker would make there passenger side header the same as the driverside they would be a sweetheart of a set up for the e heads.   

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

Ghoste

I've heard the Hookers work but that's the first positive thing I've heard about the Hedman brand with E heads.  You're right, it would be interesting to know what plugs they were.

firefighter3931

68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

v21hemicharger

Thanks guys, I am building a 512, but may use the bullitt out of my GTX to get things going.  Also 4 speed if that matters.  Biggest concern was tube size and B vs RB.  Mike

Ghoste

B and RB will be the same with most brands if not all.  As for tube size, 512 might be better off with the 2 inch.

hard-charger

hmmm... ya I was interested in the 2"dougs headers to. but I haven't herd anything about them. except the cool logo on them. lol!
i have a set of 2" super comps. I was going to use them, but they are used & all dinged up for fitment. so what's that saying to me already?....
& before that I had 1 7/8 super comps. with milled 906 heads. & those fit ok.... not good or even fair.... just ok...
so before I even think about eddys I need to find out what header is gonna work right. with no hammering required.
ohh. & I have flowtech's on there right now. & they suck to. # 5 plug is the ony real issue with them tho. & they point strieght back & not at the exhaust tunnels on the crossmember. but some crappy welds to.
so ya! I'm also wondering about the dougs headers with angeled plug heads...
thanks all!!!

HDCharger

Like I said the Thorleys may be built different than Dougs.  I know a divorce cause the two separate companies.  On mine it was the #6 plug went right into the # 6 tube.  Worked fine with the 906s I had.  Dave
MSG, US Army, Retired
1973 Charger SE
1976 Stepside Powerwagon
2007 Ram 1500 Laramie
2002 Jeep Wrangler Sport
1967 Dodge Truck