News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mopar Salvage Yard...

Started by Magnum Matt, May 27, 2007, 07:40:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magnum Matt

Dad went down to look at one of the bulge hoods that his buddy told him about.  The place is about an hour south of where I live.  Dad said that when he got there its nothing but Mopars!  40 ACRES OF MOPARS!!!!  This guy has been collecting them for years.  He has just about any car you can think of.  Chargers, Challengers, Baracudas, Hemi Cudas, Road Runners...  Yall get the point.  We are going back down there when I finish working the shutdown next weekend to take my hood.  He diddnt have any bulge hoods but he is going to rebuild the under side of mine.  I am taking TONS of pictures when I go down there, and getting his number so yall can call him to check on parts if you need them.  One thing he has that he wont even talk about selling is an Air Grabber hood that is on a 73' Charger.  I want it!!!!  But he wont budge, and with everything he has I don't think dad is going to be able to work out any trading deals...

Magnumcharger

It sounds almost too good to be true.
If the guy is a "collector", then likely he's always on the lookout for more cars...
You might be able to talk him out of some of his stuff if you mention that you know where he might be able to find more cars for his "collection". Play on his own greed.
Get him talking about his stuff too. But don't tell him ANYTHING about your stuff.
Chances are, he's not a real car enthusiast per-se...just a guy who likes to deprive other people of things they want.
It gives him POWER! ::)
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

dpm68

QuoteIt gives him POWER!
Barring that, where is this at?

Big Lebowski

Quote from: dpm68 on May 27, 2007, 08:29:26 PM
QuoteIt gives him POWER!
Barring that, where is this at?

Ya post his address so me and a thousand other guys will hit the ATM money machines & meet you there in the morning.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Magnum Matt

Hehe, its a few miles south of Coushata Louisiana.  I will get his address and phone number when we go down there next week.  Hell, that will be ALOT of help to everyone looking for original parts.  And with what dad told me he has TONS of Chargers.  Just about every year and style they made.  I know he said he looked at about 13 73's trying to find a rear bumper.  And he probably has about 30, 426 Hemi's there.  And that is most likely on the low side.

dads_69

Is that area near Shreveport by chance? Long story but my friend has been there also and seen the yard.
Mark
Hey, you can hate the game but don't hate the player.

Drache

I just got word that an old car yard is being crushed because the owner needs funds quickly. My friend who owns a car yard in Creston got word of it from a guy who purchased a 1970 Dodge Coronet u-code for only 3 digits! Sadly I have no idea where this yard is and it's an 8-9 hour drive away so not really just a day trip.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

Ghoste

If a decent car can be bought there cheaply, you could make it a day trip (or two).

Drache

Quote from: Ghoste on May 28, 2007, 03:40:26 AM
If a decent car can be bought there cheaply, you could make it a day trip (or two).

I would but I have no proof that this yard exists and no idea where it is. All I have is someone telling a friend who then told me there is a yard somewhere in Houston lol.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

69bronzeT5

Theres a yard in Yahk BC too and they have 2 70 Coronets. One was $400 and the other was $200. The $400 one has an offer/deposit on it but the $200, CHARGERPUNK was gonna buy it but its like a 12hr drive to the junkyard. So now hes not. The owner said it was going to go the crusher today. He put it on top of the pile of crusher cars but late last night, his friend phoned him and said he wants it so the car got taken off the pile and got saved from the crusher!! Just in the nic of time! Also, he has 2 1973 Challenger project cars for $1500 but he apperentley sold them today. Heres a pic of the Coronet that got saved from the crusher.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Magnum Matt

Quote from: dads_69 on May 27, 2007, 09:44:23 PM
Is that area near Shreveport by chance? Long story but my friend has been there also and seen the yard.
Mark

I live about 20 minutes East of Shreveport/Bossier and its about an hour drive south for me to get there.  It's not right around the corner from Shreveport...  But its not that far off either.

dads_69

This is the place that the old man who owned all these cars has recently passed a way correct, or did you get that much info. from whoever? I know that there are a lot of good cars/parts there. Wish I closer than Alaska. I'd get a car hauler and be buying up some projects! Oh yeah, I think everyone here would like some photos also if/when you go.
Mark

Magnum Matt

Quote from: dads_69 on May 28, 2007, 07:15:37 PM
This is the place that the old man who owned all these cars has recently passed a way correct, or did you get that much info. from whoever? I know that there are a lot of good cars/parts there. Wish I closer than Alaska. I'd get a car hauler and be buying up some projects! Oh yeah, I think everyone here would like some photos also if/when you go.
Mark

Well, dad said that nobody down there has died that he knows of.  Its a younger guy that owns it.  Guys last name is Bamburg, and it is about 6 miles south of Coushatta just north of a town called Campti.  It is right off of Hwy 71.  Oh and believe me I will have TONS of pictures.  Also if anyone is looking for a particular part then let me know and I will see if he has it.  And get a price for it.

dads_69

Thats the place, I started a thread about it months ago, and never got any photos from my friend Mike, long story, but many people on line here said I was full of crap, well now they can all suck an egg!
Mark

69bronzeT5

NEWS: I just talked to the junkyard owner and the 70 Coronet I talked about 5 posts up, the guy who was gonna buy it didnt show up and it got crushed today. The junkyard owner is gonna email me pics of the "pancake" tomorrow if he can. Its gone to Mopar Heaven :engel016:

Drache

Bronze, are you talking about Paul (Hemicammer) and his yard in Creston BC? He just crushed a bunch of cars today!
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

69bronzeT5

Quote from: Drache on May 29, 2007, 12:18:06 AM
Bronze, are you talking about Paul (Hemicammer) and his yard in Creston BC? He just crushed a bunch of cars today!

Yea, Im talking about Paul. Also a 73 Sattelite Sebring got it today too :'(

Drache

I talk to paul all the time. The FULL story though is the cars he crushed were rusted and completely stripped. Also most of the cars that were crushed were Hyundais and things of that sort.
Dart
Racing
Ass
Chasing
Hellion
Extraordinaire

TUFCAT

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on May 29, 2007, 12:09:47 AM

The junkyard owner is gonna email me pics of the "pancake" tomorrow if he can. Its gone to Mopar Heaven

Let me be the first one to ask - - - - Can I use that for my website?   :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big: :icon_smile_big:

Zentelis

Quote from: Magnum Matt on May 28, 2007, 07:34:37 PM
Also if anyone is looking for a particular part then let me know and I will see if he has it.  And get a price for it.
I sent you a private message :) :cheers:

PocketThunder

SO........ there is a mopar graveyard in Louisana and Travis chargerfoster2002 hasnt cleaned them out yet?  :rofl:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

69charger2002

lol very funny paul.. i've been there.. most of the cars have been picked pretty good. and it's not like you can go there and get a hemi car for $500 bucks or anything trust me..
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Magnum Matt

Ok, I have alot of parts to look for now.  I will get pictures of them so yall can decide on the quality.  And 69charger2002, how long ago did you go?  Dad said that there was a good bit of parts still in alot of the cars.  Maybe he got some more cars in?

ran396

hey guys read original post  "40 acres of mopars" ????????? that is a lots of cars somebody should have come across this yard. will wait to see if the yard really exists. anybody looking for parts in Oklahoma try Buds auto salvage, aline oklahoma. 1 800 375 buds. another oklahoma yard  108 salvage. 4400 n. rose rd stillwater oklahoma. 405 372 0702.  iowa yard with a few cars  bob jones salvage  redfield iowa  1 515 833 2693. missouri   johns auto salvage. us 60-63, cabool missouri lots of old cars 1 417 982 3237. california  memory lane salvage.  11311 pendleton st.  sun valley california 1 818 504 3341.hope this helps anyone looking for parts  bob h

69charger2002

ok i gotta update this post. i decided to haul it over there today since it had been a while. turns out this is a different place than i went to long ago. the guy i met today told me the old man(where i went to in 1997) still has a few things, but nothing worth messing with. now let me say this guy today was super nice and was die hard mopar. nice to talk to. HOWEVER, though he may own 40 acres, and though he may have lots of mopars, there are NO hemi cars, NO hemi motors, no 6 pack cars, no R/T's even. he has 4 68-70 chargers on the place and they all belong to someone else. he has i'd say 200 cars out there total. most are dusters. darts, maybe 6-7 challengers,. 2 70 barracuda shells, few earlier barracudas, satellites, coronets etc. nothing rare. but still cool to look at nonetheless. don't go there expecting to find the hole in the wall undiscovered mopar gold mine. he does have a lot of 3rd gens for you guys, and i didn't see but one lone fastback and that is one of his personal cars. like i said he is a great guy and was a blast to talk to, most cars were drowned in briar bushes and high weeds so pics would have been pointless. so i didn't take any. if any one REALLY wants his number or directions, PM me. i would broadcast it here, but he is not a published business, he does have a job, and i don't know if he wants to be called 10 times a day by lots of people. so in respect of that i will not post it
trav

dpm68

Hey Magnum Matt - I used to live in Monroe! Whatta place that was...in sunny Colorado now...

Magnum Matt

Yeah, I live in Minden.  About 80 miles from Monroe.  Working at the paper plant in Jonsboro on a shutdown right now.  Hey 69Charger2002, I still aint sure we are talking about the same place.  Though we probably are.  One thing that will let me know it is for sure.  Was there a Charger that a couple of guys had tried to convert to a T-Top by cutting out the sides of the roof and put plexi glass in it?  Dad said that he had Hemi a couple of Hemi Cuda's and there were a good bit of Hemi's in the cars.  The grass being grown up around it sounds the same.  Maybe dad has gone senile?  Probably so...  Either way he seems to be damn good with body work and he is rebuilding my bulge hood.

69charger2002

i didn't see a ttop converted charger in there. but i didn't look at the 71-74's close at all. only the 4 68-70's, it wasn't one of those 4 unless i didn't see one of them, close enough...there used to be a ttop charger near me a couple years back, it had trans am ttops in it. sick. it may have been one of those 4 i dunno.. we walked and talked more than we looked...anywho, man i'm pretty sure this is the same place. it is 4 miles south of coushatta and about 10 miles north of campti ON 71. the place i was talking about before wa sa guy named robert and he lived in heflin, probably pretty close to you
trav

Magnum Matt

Yeah thats the place.  And I know Heflin pretty well.  It's about 15 minutes from me.  Where do you live?  You seem to be pretty close to my area. 

69charger2002

i am near baton rouge. it was a pretty good trip up there but we were bored. do you know the guy in helfin that had all the mopars? he had them lined up in rows back in 97-98 when i went. he was very reasonable too, but most of the cars were picked clean
trav

Magnum Matt

If that is the guy I am thinking of then he had a 1967 Shelby GT500 that we were going to try to get.  But he got rid of it.  The guy did have a few stripped mopars out back.  But nothing special.  I wanted that Shelby SO bad.