News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

headers, starter, centerlink oil pan more fun look inside

Started by Brightyellow69rtse, May 26, 2007, 10:13:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brightyellow69rtse

starter went so i picked up a mini. i got the old one off ok i have no idea how i squeeked it out between the header and the tranny but i did. problem is i cant get the mini in no matter what i try. i have a 4 speed so i dunno if that adds to the fun at all but i suspect it does as theres a tube that goes to my linkage that hits the header when i try to lower it down.

oh and to add to the funness lol the cars leaking oil its everywhere. looks to be the oil pan. problem is i cant get the center link off. i was using a tie rod seperator and a 6lb hammer and its not moving at all. 

any advise or tricks here i thought i was gonna have a brain annurism (spelling) today nothing went right at all then when i gave up for the day i almost dropped a nut trying to push the car in the garage by myself.  the little lip on the garage floor got me lol.

Rocky

I've heard that with the mini starters you sometimes need to do some grinding on the engine block.  I just bought a RobbMc starter, and that thing is really cool.  I had it installed in under 5 minutes. 

Chryco Psycho

pickle fork , or tie rod separater will split the center link , with the oil pan off  you should be able to get the starter in easily , make sure you remove the extension where the cables connect to the starter

Brightyellow69rtse

didnt think of the removing the extension part. i havent touched it in 2 days i didnt wanna go nutty again lol. anyway like i said i was using a tie rod seperator and a 6lb hammer and it wasnt budging a bit. i actually messed up a bushing cuse i smacked it so much. is there a method to this at all or just blunt force trauma?   on a side note i went to a cookout got in a killer waterfight and today i split a bunch of wood so aside from the charger i had a good weekend :D.............Mike 

Chryco Psycho

I quit using the pickle fork & just hit the end of the link you want to separate , they usually fall aprt with a couple good hits