News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

bigblock 904?

Started by Lurker, May 27, 2007, 12:46:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lurker

lol i have had my charger for a few years and i just recently started tearing it down for resto and was told by the previuos owner it was a 904 i haven't crawled under it yet to look at panshape but while i was walking around it in the shop trying to organize the interior and all the trim that is piled on the floor beside the car that i have never heard of a bigblock 904,is there such a thing?  ::)
1968 xp29 charger thats now rust free.. and trunk free and floorboard and quarterpanel free.
1972 b5/b5 318 barracuda patently waiting its turn.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2663667

Charger1973

moparguy01

no, all big blocks got the 727 auto if they were an auto.

Ghoste

Sorry, no such thing.  But on the bright side, if you have a big block car, it means you have the heavier duty 727.

Lurker

felt kinda dum when i thought of that lol, bought the car and took sellers word on the 904 and instantly set my mind to finding a 727, haven't even glanced at the one thats in there l ::)
1968 xp29 charger thats now rust free.. and trunk free and floorboard and quarterpanel free.

Ghoste

No big, it happens all the time.  ;)

Lurker

Quote from: Ghoste on May 27, 2007, 12:48:46 AM
Sorry, no such thing.  But on the bright side, if you have a big block car, it means you have the heavier duty 727.

car was an 318 car, the 440 is a truck block so that tranny coulda come from anywhere so i guess i should crawl under it and get some numbers.

Bandit72

Quote from: Lurker on May 27, 2007, 12:56:46 AM
Quote from: Ghoste on May 27, 2007, 12:48:46 AM

car was an 318 car, the 440 is a truck block so that tranny coulda come from anywhere so i guess i should crawl under it and get some numbers.

if the tranny is bolted to the engine then it has to be a 727....904's won't even bolt up...
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

Ghoste

Yeah sorry, I should have made that a little clearer by saying that "if you have a big block in the car now"...
The drawbacks of internet conversation.  Hopefully you didn't do the crawling thing yet.

John_Kunkel

I'm gonna play the Devil's Advocate for a minute.

The OP asked about a "big block 904", well there was one...........sorta. Mopar made some 904 cases that were used behind GM engines in some postal vans and the bellhousing bolt pattern allows it to be bolted behind several GM big block motors so it technically is a big block 904. Kind of a stretch, but.............
Pardon me but my karma just ran over your dogma.