News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ever get POR 15 on your skin??

Started by Telvis, May 26, 2007, 07:42:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Telvis

I can't seem to paint anything with POR 15 without getting it on me. I have used rubber gloves and a paper jumpsuit and still get it on my skin. I have tried everything to get it off in the past. Usually just have to wait until it wears off.

Today I found the magic remover!! 91% Isopropyl rubbing alcohol that I bought at Wallgreens. The alcohol takes it right off with almost no effort. I cleaned up within an hour of getting it on my skin. I don't know how well it will work if it's been on a while. I just poured some on a rag and it rubs right off.

You can thank me later....Money is good. :icon_smile_big:

TruckDriver

Maybe I should get some of it in dark brown and paint my balding head with it. :scratchchin: :D
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

Vainglory, Esq.

Had I known that, I could have spent a week less with a huge black splotch on my arm.  Filing the knowledge away for the future...

Magnumcharger

I suggest that you could cover the rest of your body with it...and do an Al Jolson imitation!
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

Telvis

JimShine

I have it on my fingers right now. It lasts even longer on dry areas of the skin, like the knuckles. It takes days to wash away.

Spike

I stay away from Por15. Too many hazardous ingredients for me.
From the label of Por15-
Hazardous Ingredients: Diphenylmethane, Disocyanate Cas# 26447-40-5, Naptha petroleum Cas# 6472-95-6, Carbon Black Cas#12438-9, Aluminum Cas#7429-90-5. Contains partially unknown.  :o

Silver R/T

So far I managed not to, it's too expensive to waste on skin.
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Telvis

Quote from: Silver R/T on May 27, 2007, 03:48:15 PM

You are better than me. It's hard to lay on your back and paint under the car without it getting on you. I guess I am  sloppy.

Silver R/T

that's why you're supposed to do it in ventilated building. If you're so cautious you can use 3M respirator (around $30 with cartridges)

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Silver R/T

Quote from: Telvis on May 27, 2007, 03:57:43 PM

You are better than me. It's hard to lay on your back and paint under the car without it getting on you. I guess I am sloppy.
[/quot

You are better than me. It's hard to lay on your back and paint under the car without it getting on you. I guess I am sloppy.

so you managed to get it on your hands? I usually put on gloves, painters suit and put masking tape around wrists over painters suit and ankles. that way you don't get any overspray/drips of paint on your body. they also got head socks that protects your head from all that overspray

2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Telvis

Quote from: Silver R/T on May 27, 2007, 04:15:05 PM

[/quot

so you managed to get it on your hands? I usually put on gloves, painters suit and put masking tape around wrists over painters suit and ankles. that way you don't get any overspray/drips of paint on your body. they also got head socks that protects your head from all that overspray

I have a paint suit, wear rubber gloves and have a sock for my head. Unfortunately the socks are made for spraying and drips will soak trough. Not to mention I have a shaved head if it soaks through it hits skin. I have never been able to paint without getting it on me somewhere. Now with the alcohol there's no worry. It comes right off.

moparguy01

at least its better than the "herculiner on the hootus" thread that happened a year back.  :icon_smile_big: