News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

glove compartment lock

Started by rudyjrusa, May 26, 2007, 08:32:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

rudyjrusa

hi - how do you remove the lock from the 1974 dodge charger glove compartment door??  trying to repaint and place new lock onto door.  thanks for any help.

Ghoste

It isn't just held on with a pair of screws?

rudyjrusa

Quote from: Ghoste on May 26, 2007, 09:54:38 AM
It isn't just held on with a pair of screws?

i took the 2 screws off and trying to get the chrome piece off - do you have to pry it off??

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Ghoste

From the fsm;
1) Open glovebox door and put latch lever into lock position, insert key and turn to lock position.
2) Remove key and with a small pointed tool or screwdriver depress tab located in lock housing slot.
3) Keep tab in depressed position insert key into lock and turn slightly to remove key cylinder

The chrome bezel is part of the key cylinder I believe. 

Charger1973

No wonder I couldnt figure that out either.  I dont have the key.   :icon_smile_blackeye:

Ghoste

Do you want the drawing scanned?

rudyjrusa

Quote from: Ghoste on May 26, 2007, 08:22:17 PM
From the fsm;
1) Open glovebox door and put latch lever into lock position, insert key and turn to lock position.
2) Remove key and with a small pointed tool or screwdriver depress tab located in lock housing slot.
3) Keep tab in depressed position insert key into lock and turn slightly to remove key cylinder

The chrome bezel is part of the key cylinder I believe. 

success - thanks for your help - i used a small allen key - it worked great!