News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

More pics of my LL1 Hemi Charger R/T

Started by hemi68charger, May 26, 2007, 08:24:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hemi68charger

Hey gang...

Here are some pics of the Charger at home........ Along with my family, friends and being able to touch base with my friends here on the Charger forum with alot more ease, coming home to see my Charger in my garage was great !!!!

Let the resto. process continue, this time, on my timeframe..........

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

hemi68charger

Troy
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)

hemi68charger

Lastly..

Here are my friends that helped my wife with the surprise and my little baby girl...  ;D
Troy

Magnumcharger

In those pictures it looks absolutely perfect!
What's the difference between LL1 and QQ1?? They look a lot alike.

And, what was the tally for the cost of the body and paint? (What is the price of perfection?)

Are you planning on driving it this year?
1968 Plymouth Barracuda Formula S 340 convertible
1968 Dodge Charger R/T 426 Hemi 4 speed
1968 Plymouth Barracuda S/S clone 426 Hemi auto
1969 Dodge Deora pickup clone 318 auto
1971 Dodge Charger R/T 440 auto
1972 Dodge C600 318 4 speed ramp truck
1972 Dodge C800 413 5 speed
1979 Chrysler 300 T-top 360 auto
2001 Dodge RAM Sport Offroad 360 auto
2010 Dodge Challenger R/T 6 speed
2014 RAM Laramie 5.7 Hemi 8 speed

TUFCAT

Looks like you even got yourself an Elvis impersonator - sideburns and all.  :icon_smile_wink:

hemi68charger

Quote from: Magnumcharger on May 26, 2007, 08:33:25 AM
In those pictures it looks absolutely perfect!
What's the difference between LL1 and QQ1?? They look a lot alike.

And, what was the tally for the cost of the body and paint? (What is the price of perfection?)

Are you planning on driving it this year?

The QQ1 is bright blue... My LL1 is a darker shade of turquoise with dark blue tint........ Sitting side by side, there's a definitel difference....

Depending on finances, I hope to have her going... The motor's rebuilt, now it's up to me to finish putting it all together with the accessories and paint.. The tranny needs to be done, but that shouldn't take long.... Again, depends on time and the flow of green backs........

The price? Well, I had a "deal" with Smitty, hence the nearly 5 year completion timeframe, albeit, it wasn't suppose to take this long.. Based on the work that was done and the paint job, it would have normally cost close to $15K if not more.....

Troy
Troy

Charger-Bodie

68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Ghoste

Troy, that car looks great even unassembled like that.

Hemidoug

Damn Troy, you don't even have the drive line in yet and it's going sideways!  :icon_smile_big: Can't wait to see you home safe and sound AND the car done! I'll bet you can't wait to begin!
71 R/T 440 6pak, 4spd Mr Norms GSD

Big Lebowski

Very cool dude, I remember that good feeling when I had my '70 Six-pack Charger painted back in 1998. You have some cool cars, and how's the Six-pack Charger coming along?
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

hemi68charger

Quote from: Big Lebowski on May 27, 2007, 09:26:51 PM
Very cool dude, I remember that good feeling when I had my '70 Six-pack Charger painted back in 1998. You have some cool cars, and how's the Six-pack Charger coming along?

Hey Big,,
Well, it's nothing more than collecting the appropriate parts here and there for it.. Being a "commoner", I can only have one project going at a time........

Troy

Manfred318

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

pettyfan43

Hey Troy, Who is the guy with the Elvis haircut? Looks like a guy I used to hang with several years ago.

hemi68charger

Quote from: pettyfan43 on May 27, 2007, 10:56:46 PM
Hey Troy, Who is the guy with the Elvis haircut? Looks like a guy I used to hang with several years ago.

His name is Smitty, Henry Smith....
Troy

pettyfan43

That's who I thought that was! I used to work with him and we were friends for years. I'm just outside Huntsville Ala.

Next time you see him tell him Chris Louden said hey!

duo-stripe

landed in Houston yesterday; Smitty did a great job. Saw the car with my own eyes....looks awesome.

Grtz Marcel,
deadendcruisers.com
Netherlands
MoPars overseas...<br />MoPars in the Netherlands

pettyfan43

When I knew him, he didn't do bodywork. He can do most anything else on a car though! Hey if you need a 727 built, Henry's the man! If he's still doing that anyway.

hemi68charger

Quote from: pettyfan43 on May 28, 2007, 08:08:19 AM
When I knew him, he didn't do bodywork. He can do most anything else on a car though! Hey if you need a 727 built, Henry's the man! If he's still doing that anyway.

Smitty does it all...... I've been his friend for nearly 5+ years..... Speaking of which, that's how long he had my Charger.. lol

Yeap, I'll be taking the 727 over there this week... He's simply amazing when it come to body work... That's the only reason I waited 5 years to get it done..... What's your name, I'll pass on a "hello" to him.......

Troy
Troy

Topher

Not to be a smart @$$, but look above a post or two and you'll see Chris' name.  :rofl:

Topher- :stirthepot:
Topher

67 Charger 383-4spd "the Dawg"

www.headlightmotorman.com

Topher

Topher

hemi68charger

Quote from: Topher on May 28, 2007, 01:07:42 PM
Not to be a smart @$$, but look above a post or two and you'll see Chris' name.  :rofl:

Smart@$$ ???  Well, we have to be talented at something....... :icon_smile_big:
Troy

hemigeno

Troy,

Everything's looking fantastic - glad it's all worked out for you so far, even though it's been a little slow.  Progress is progress, right?

pettyfan43

Quote from: hemi68charger on May 28, 2007, 03:15:18 PM

Topher is good at that but he's also a helluva guy!

Yeah Tell him Chris Louden from Huntsville said hey! Does he have any cars now or just work on others?

He has always been good at working on whatever he wanted to do on a car, just picked up and did it.

hemi68charger

Quote from: pettyfan43 on May 28, 2007, 05:26:33 PM
Quote from: hemi68charger on May 28, 2007, 03:15:18 PM

Topher is good at that but he's also a helluva guy!

Yeah Tell him Chris Louden from Huntsville said hey! Does he have any cars now or just work on others?

He has always been good at working on whatever he wanted to do on a car, just picked up and did it.

I'm harassing Topher....  :icon_smile_big:

I called Smitty after I saw your reply and told him you said "hi"....... He was like, "Heck yeah I know Chris"....
Troy

PocketThunder

Looks good Troy  :coolgleamA:

Holy Crap you've got a LOT of work to do now... ;)  Is it gonna roll out under its own power yet this summer?

Paul
in St. Paul
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

hemi68charger

Quote from: PocketThunder on May 28, 2007, 09:56:28 PM
Looks good Troy  :coolgleamA:

Holy Crap you've got a LOT of work to do now... ;)  Is it gonna roll out under its own power yet this summer?

Paul
in St. Paul

I hope to have her running by Summer's end.. We'll see....... Yeap, I have tons to do.........  But, I couldn't resist putting something on the car.. Here I installed a mirror and a cool looking emblem on the door...  :icon_smile_big:
Troy

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Topher

Quote from: hemi68charger on May 28, 2007, 09:40:30 PM

I've always been told to go with my strong points! Ya know, with todays gas prices going the way they are, you REALLY don't want to put that big ole gas guzzling beast under the hood of your car. Do you? Tell you what, I'll put it under the hood of MY car and let you run this fuel efficient 12 mpg 383 I have. Whatcha say?
Topher

hemi68charger

Quote from: Topher on May 29, 2007, 06:56:02 AM

I've always been told to go with my strong points! Ya know, with todays gas prices going the way they are, you REALLY don't want to put that big ole gas guzzling beast under the hood of your car. Do you? Tell you what, I'll put it under the hood of MY car and let you run this fuel efficient 12 mpg 383 I have. Whatcha say?

Well, since I work for an petroleum exploration company, I have plenty of gas.......... But, I do appreciate the offer. Shows what a gentleman you are........  :D
Troy

Just 6T9 CHGR

Troy, that would have been my first installation item as well :thumbs:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

aone415

This Charger right here is a one of none, that means none before it, none to come.

Hemidog

Quote from: aone415 on May 29, 2007, 08:52:43 AM
Troy your car looks remarkable!
:iagree: cant WAIT to see lots of more pics as you put this beauty together!

Topher

Quote from: hemi68charger on May 29, 2007, 07:00:01 AM
Quote from: Topher on May 29, 2007, 06:56:02 AM

Well, since I work for an petroleum exploration company, I have plenty of gas.......... But, I do appreciate the offer. Shows what a gentleman you are........  :D

Rats!! Foiled again.
Topher

Blue Pentastar

So Troy With Marcel there to help you gonna have it at Boerne this weekend. Ha Ha It is a beautiful car like the others said and it isn't even together yet.

Who all is making the trip from Houston this time? I assume Scott, Ken Marcel and yourself, any others Caravanning in together?

Can wait to see everyone Glad your back safely Thanks for your time served.

Mike Schrader :2thumbs:
69 Charger White Hat Special  
04 Chrysler 300M Special
99 Ram 3500 Dually Diesel

hemi68charger

Quote from: Blue Pentastar on May 30, 2007, 09:34:08 AM
So Troy With Marcel there to help you gonna have it at Boerne this weekend. Ha Ha It is a beautiful car like the others said and it isn't even together yet.

Who all is making the trip from Houston this time? I assume Scott, Ken Marcel and yourself, any others Caravanning in together?

Can wait to see everyone Glad your back safely Thanks for your time served.

Mike Schrader :2thumbs:

Mike, the family and Marcel are leaving today to spend the rest of the week on the Riverwalk and then drive up to Boerne on Friday... Scotty, Ken Adam, Tuffy and Woody are all coming up Friday like usual....  I'll see ya there !!!

T
Troy

The70RT

Nice Troy. :2thumbs: After that many years I be you can hardly wait to have it back on the road again.
<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

PocketThunder

Quote from: The70RT on May 30, 2007, 01:13:23 PM
Nice Troy. :2thumbs: After that many years I be you can hardly wait to have it back on the road again.
Speaking of that, Troy did you drive this car around for a couple years or so before you tore it down?  I dont remember ever asking about the previous life of your 68. :ahum:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."