News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

help upper control arm

Started by 73chargers4404, July 22, 2007, 10:06:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

73chargers4404

I was wondering if any one has any experence puting upper control arm bushings in,there a reail pain in the ass the shape of the contol arm makes it hard to set up in the press  :RantExplode:,I know this is the wrong section for this and for that im sorry its just im lucking if i ever get a response there.ive gotten them  about half way in and thats it . :brickwall: please help

BigBlackDodge

I pressed mine in................it was tricky but they went in. I  remember having to play around with it a bit to get things lined up.

BBD

Charger-Bodie

the tool from PST is worth every penny ! takes about 5 minutes for each one.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

70 Charger RT

You may be able to make a tool out of threaded rod (1/2") and washers of various sizes.  Try different size sockets too.

70 Charger R/T - 440/6
07 BMW 328iS
04 GMC SLE 2500 Diesel

2harleyriders

I just did mine.  They are a real pain.  I did it the red neck back woods way.  I burnt the rubber out with my torch and then used my air hammer to drive them out.  I did it on the drive way using two cinder blocks.  I had them blasted and painted while tey were out. 
Thats how I roll.

motorhead

Suspension looks sweet harley.Doin mine now ,theres a kit for this but its about $180 bones. Well worth the investment in loaning it to your local mopar buddies.Those favors are good to cash in when you gotta drop in an engine. www.Manciniracing.com has it. So does paddock.

moparguy01

i do mine the old fashioned way. using a air hammer, but i dont burn the rubber out first. i just drive it out with the press then take the rest out with the air chisel. I've got it down to where it only takes 5-10 minutes a peice. but the lowers take alittle longer than that, and they SUCK.

kamkuda

I went to a spring shop after trying to do it myself.  They have a BIG press and had the old ones out and new ones in in no time.  I think it was $20.