News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Rear Deck lid adjustment?

Started by Back N Black, May 25, 2007, 08:38:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Back N Black

69 Charger the trunk lid, I can get it to lines up perfect on the front with the quarter panel end caps and the sides but the gap is way to big at the back i can stick the tips of my fingers in the gap,is there another adjustment?

Charger-Bodie

i can probley help if you post some pics.
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Back N Black

Quote from: 1hot68 on May 25, 2007, 08:40:34 PM
i can probley help if you post some pics.

I can get a couple of pics on Monday, How is possible to close the gap at the back without losing the adjustment up front?

Charger-Bodie

thats why i would like to see picks maybe you trunk opening is out of square ? well see
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

bill440rt

Black, please post pics.
So, the gap is even at the rear body panel & 1/4 end caps but wide at the rear window filler panel? That sounds about normal. ALL of my Chargers have fairly wide gaps up by the rear window deck. As the lid opens, it tends to move forward slightly. That is why there is a wider gap up there.
"Strive for perfection in everything. Take the best that exists and make it better. If it doesn't exist, create it. Accept nothing nearly right or good enough." Sir Henry Rolls Royce

darrin75

So is anyone elses deck lid a wobbling thin piece of shit?
Check out New Upcoming site.
http://www.mopartraffic.com