News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vehicle Title Services question

Started by PURTBOY, September 15, 2005, 05:29:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PURTBOY

Hey all I am in a big delema! I can't register my 68 charger here in KY with a notorized bill of sale because i bought it out of mississippi. KY DMV states i must have a signed over Title. Well i contacted the previous owner who had it before the guy I bought it from, and he was going to register the old title in his name since he had signed it and not registered it, and send me the new title signed over to me. now Katrina hit, he was 20 miles off the coast, and I can't get in contact with him!!! my question is has anyone used a title service with a bill of sale? if so who was they, what did they cost, and how well did it work for you? i am at a stand still. dmv said a title had been issued to him on aug.19, 05 ! so even with this as is , would i still be able to aquire a title from a title service with my bill of sale??? any and all help greatly appreciated!!!!

Thanks,
Brian

cudaken

Brain, I would try a driffrent DMV branch or a driffrent clerk. Mississippi only use bill of sales on that old of a car. I use a Alb title company on my Charger. All they use was a bill of sales and IL had no problem with it. If by chances you need some help, send me the bill of sale and I will get a IL title and send it to you.

PM me if you think you need the help.

Cuda Ken
I am back

KMPX2

Witjh that new title being just put out you are in for big problems!

PURTBOY

THANKS CUDA KEN, I WILL KEEP YOU IN MIND IN CASE I CAN'T COME UP WITH SOMETHING ELSE.

KMPX2 WHAT DID YOU MEAN I WILL HAVE TROUBLE SINCE A TITLE WAS JUST ISSUED? PLEASE EXPLAIN SO I WILL KNOW WHAT I AM LOOKING AT!!!

THANX GUYS,
BRIAN

694spdRT

If I am reading your description right I think what KMPX2 is indicating your problem might be comes because the guy you bought it from signed a "bill of sale" to you without ever replacing the previous owner records in the system....now you have the previous owner he bought it from with a "new" title record as the most current owner of the car in the system. Without his signing off on the title to the guy you bought it from or to you it may be a problem.   Your bill of sale may be from a guy that never officially owned it from a paperwork standpoint.

I still don't understand why Kentucky does not honor a bill of sale from a state that does not use titles, the title services are likely not going to help either as they will just issue you a bill of sale from a state that does not use titles...same problem you already have except worse as it is a fake "bill of sale".  
1968 Charger 383 auto
1969 Charger R/T 440 4 speed
1970 Charger 500 440 auto
1972 Challenger 318
1976 W200 Club Cab 4x4 400 auto 
1978 Ramcharger 360 auto
2001 Durango SLT 4.7L (daily driver)
2005 Ram 2500 4x4 Big Horn Cummins Diesel 6 speed
2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 5.7 Hemi

PURTBOY

WELL THE GOOD THING I DO KNOW IS I HAVE A BILL OF SALE FOR WHEN IT WAS SOLD TO THE GUY I BOUGHT IT FROM FROM THE GUY WHO NOW HAS REGISTERED THE TITLE, AND A BILL OF SALE FROM THE GUY I BOUGHT IT FROM. SO I DO HAVE A PAPER TRAIL OF ME BUYING THE CAR!!!