News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

my wife went and bought another car (pics)

Started by Runner, September 14, 2005, 04:14:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Runner

my friend called my wife and told her that a guy that worked for him was giong to have the wrecking yard come get his dart. he sugested that he try to at least sell it for some money and told him that he was sure my wife would give him 250 bucks for it.  he called my wife, she went and looked at it and bought it. i tried to talk her out of it but she wouldnt listen.  kinda funny how my buddy called her knowing that i wouldnt be very interested but she would.  the motor in the car quit running and im not sure whats wrong with it, its a slant 6. i do happen to have a decent running 318 sitting on my shop floor that should slide right in.

any way,  heres some pics of the car.  my daughter wants to sell the dakota that she drives every and so she can drive this to school.  i really dont know what we will do with it

http://www.pbase.com/runner1971/dodge_dart

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

hotrod98

Normal is an illusion. What is normal for the spider is chaos for the fly.
Charles Addams

Charger4404spd

Ask your wife if she wants her money back :icon_smile_big: Great deal!

ChargerSG

Thats was a great deal, just throw the slantsix and in with the 318 and you have a great driver, only negative is that you is gonna do all the work... ;)
Allmost the same thing happen to me, but mine whent to buy a Demon but comes with a Mustang.... and guess who is gonna restore that one this winter(she thinks)...
Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

6670charger

Proudly Confusing The Crap Out Of People Since 1963

cudaken

I am confussed, is there a problem? Heck I wished my wife would buy something like that for $250.00 instead of shoes!

Cud Ken
I am back

andy74

Quote from: cudaken on September 14, 2005, 04:42:16 PM
I am confussed, is there a problem? Heck I wished my wife would buy something like that for $250.00 instead of shoes!

you and me both!

Just 6T9 CHGR

You must live in fairy tale land my friend!   Stuff like that doesnt happen in my land.......and if it did it wouldnt be a straight body, painted all on color car either......

:cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Old Moparz

That's one nice car, nice find.   :2thumbs:

I can't believe it was just $250 & not a rusted shell. The 318 would be nice, but A-Bodies handle great with slant 6's in them. Don't know if it will be a daily driver, but with the price of gas you may want to reconsider keeping the 6. A lot less to swap too, like the trans, driveshaft, K-frame & accessories.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

bull

Nice! Throw some rallye wheels and T/As on it and take it to the next car show for the heck of it. $250 is nothing for that.

mustanghater

I should start making some contacts with people cause I can't find any good deals. That is a nice car. you could easly flip that for $1100.
New Muscle car forum
http://usav8.com/aamc/index.php
www.myspace.com/spencespeed

DC_1

My wife went and bought a new car today too!..............Not as good of a deal as you though!.....She bought a 2006 Chrysler 300. I tried to talk her into the Charg-agnum but she knows hows p'd off I was when they came out so she is doing her little part to protest.

Anyway, nice car your wife has there.

Runner

Quote from: Sydmoe on September 14, 2005, 07:03:44 PM
My wife went and bought a new car today too!..............Not as good of a deal as you though!.....She bought a 2006 Chrysler 300. I tried to talk her into the Charg-agnum but she knows hows p'd off I was when they came out so she is doing her little part to protest.

Anyway, nice car your wife has there.

wanna trade?  i throw in a 2002 pt to boot  lol

this is the first a body ive every owned, we have 4 b bodys and i dont think this car will sway me over to the other side.

the pics acually make the car look nicer than it is, but the trunk floor is solid, the doors, hood and trunk all open and close nicly.

my biggest problem with it is room.  we are in the prosses of trying to get a 72 satellite sebring (soon to be panther pink)  back on the road.  my 68 satellite can always use some tlc and i want to step up the performance of my roadrunner over the winter.

it seems someone over at moparts has used a right hand small block truck motor mount on a slant 6 k frame and his 340 and tranny droped right in!   so hopefully i can do the swap cheap. if that doesnt work schumacher makes a kit for 150 bucks. might be cheaper to do the k frame but its alot more work

thanks for all the kind words   mike

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

TruckDriver

Quote from: bull on September 14, 2005, 05:59:07 PM
Nice! Throw some rallye wheels and T/As on it and take it to the next car show for the heck of it. $250 is nothing for that.
:o :iagree: :2thumbs:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

MoparYoungGun

Quote from: bull on September 14, 2005, 05:59:07 PM
:iagree:

Badbob

That car probably has 9" drums and a 7 1/4 rear, keep the slant and find a Super Six package for it. I love my 225 powered Duster.

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

sandmbmx88

blackcharger

so when are you taking that woman to divorce court? Just make sure you get custody of the Dart!
Man I wish my wife picked up deals like that! I'd check out the slant 6, their great engines. Take that girl out to dinner!
  Dave

jaak

:thumbs:  cool purchase, I'm restifying my charger now, but have been keeping my eyes peeled for an a-body myself. If you decide to do a V8 swap, I would use a 73-up K frame swap off any 73up abody with disc, its all bolt-on, you get disc and 73-up has the spool type motormounts. A-bodies, unlike chargers, roadrunners, Challenger/cudas can be built into way cool mopars for a lot less $$$$$$$$  :drive: :drive: :drive: :drive: :drive: :drive: :drive:

KMPX2

If your wife can find deals like that I will take her.

bull

Quote from: Badbob on September 14, 2005, 10:29:28 PM
That car probably has 9" drums and a 7 1/4 rear, keep the slant and find a Super Six package for it. I love my 225 powered Duster.
:iagree: I wouldn't monkey around with all the work it takes to swap the k-member and everything else. Besides, to do everything right you'll be looking at probably $5k or more into it before you're finished. There's something cool about keeping the old girls stock.