News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Cool little electric car for kids: Anyone own a Minimoto?

Started by bull, September 15, 2005, 09:28:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

http://www.toyquest.com/minimoto1/Gokart/features.html

I saw one at Schucks today for $259. Seemed pretty inexpensive for what you get. Just wondering if any of you own one and what you think of it.

Charger_Fan

I'd say it's pretty inexpensive until you need to buy replacement parts.

If Schucks has a good plan for obtaining replacement parts, then go for it. :)

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

bull

You're probably right. The one I saw looked pretty simple except for the motor and drive system. It even had a little disc brake rotor on the rear axle.

Charger_Fan

Yep, it's the mechanical stuff that will make you feel ripped off...but for $260, I guess you couldn't go too wrong. Just examine it closely & see if you think you could retrofit anything (in a Tim Taylor sort of way) to fix it if there aren't parts available. 

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

Old Moparz

I'd say a half dozon of those things, a matching number of friends, a few pizzas & a keg would be a lot of fun. Except for the hospital part of it.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

bull

Quote from: Old Moparz on September 15, 2005, 11:25:29 PM
I'd say a half dozon of those things, a matching number of friends, a few pizzas & a keg would be a lot of fun. Except for the hospital part of it.

Even though the weight and height rating is pretty high I don't see any way an average-sized adult could fit in the seat and actually function. But then if you're drunk you might be limber enough. Either way you're probably looking at needing some medical attention when you're done.

Old Moparz

They really do look like fun, but you're probably right about the weight & size part. I know my daughter would love it, but at 6 years old & 42 pounds, she might be just a little too small. Maybe in another year I'll look at one.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

MoparYoungGun

Never owned one of those but I have owned many gas go-karts. If anybody here gets one for there child or even themself, :icon_smile_big: , stay as far away as you can from the company Yerf-Dog. It may seem that they sell a good product but that is very far from the truth. Just ask me and I'll give you two examples!