News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

have a question on where to live next

Started by chargerman68, May 25, 2007, 01:28:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerman68

well my time is almost up in sunny san diego,ca.wondering what you guys think where to live next.i am looking for good schools and of course mopar functions and car show..

choices are:

bay st louis,mississippi
virginia beach,va
fallon,nv
port hueneme,ca
el centro,ca

and of course staying in san diego..

in the navy dont really care about the work side can handle that but more about the kids and the mopar functions....San diego is great but you have to be a chevy/ford guy around here..

Looking for any mopar info in and 100 miles around these areas,and of course any past/present military members about the area.thanks
1968 CHARGER R/T CLONELOOKING FOR ANOTHER PROJECT 69-70 CHARGER SHELL

Chryco Psycho

I have a similar ?
seeing as it is still snowing here as of yesterday I need to know where I should move to
my Choices are Costa Rica , Umm Afganistan , I doubt I could even immigrate there ummmm

BB1

Move to Kansas, I left San Diego 12 years ago.  :scratchchin:
Delete my profile

Silver R/T

I like it in Wa state. I liked TN when i visited in Feb. but I doubt I'd like it's humidity right now
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

chargerman68

in the navy those places are my only choices.....

73dodge

Quote from: chargerman68 on May 25, 2007, 02:11:45 PM
in the navy those places are my only choices.....

Hmmm Va Bch, El Centro, Fallon you must be Naval Aviation

Va Beach has some good schools I have a good friend that is a teacher in the VBPS system. But Vabch is heavily Navy if you want a place that does not have tons of military try Fallon?
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

SoCal Zo (.)(.)

If you want to keep your Mopart in one pieace I would not move to port hueneme,ca. I live about 10min away and that place is GHETTO!!! :errr:

71ChallengeHer

Va Beach, there are a lot of car shows and cruise ins in VA , PA, and MD. Plus wifey would live closer to me. :D

Ponch ®

Hueneme is a nice little community...
"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

chargerman68

SoCal Zo (.)(.)

Quote from: Ponch ® on May 25, 2007, 03:31:52 PM
Hueneme is a nice little community...

You must be thinking of Oxnard, which is kinda coo in some areas. Out of the 5 cities in Ventura County, Port Hueneme has the highest crime rate also theres tons of :2guns:. The other 4 cities are nice I would not want to live anywhere else.

chargerman68

Rolling_Thunder

Quote from: SoCal Zo (.)(.) on May 25, 2007, 03:54:53 PM
Out of the 5 cities in Ventura County, Port Hueneme has the highest crime rate also theres tons of :2guns:.

Sounds like Oceanside when the Marines come out and play at the local bars....

As for your question...    not sure...     CA has some of the shittiest school systems around...     if you want your kids to get a good education go anywhere else...   unless private school is an option...       CA has some of the best weather however the cost of living is also ^^^
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

68chrgrwife

we have lucked out that our kids have been in some good school systems (except for the last one).  We cannot afford private school and the schoolwe are in now is great.  They just tested my eldest for GATE and she has been accepted!  so if we stay here she will be GATE eligible next year.  I do know that Virginia Beach has great schools and the school system in Hancock county Ms.is awesome too!   
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

my73charger

mikepmcs

No way to ElCentro
I've been on det there so many times back in the late 80's, that place is a graveyard, don't do it. 

My choices would be

bay st louis,mississippi
virginia beach,va (dogs and sailors stay off the lawn)

Get off the left coast brother and head east!

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

chargerman68

leaning too mississippi myself would be at SBT-22 Riverine

73chgrSE

I grew up around va beach. It's a cool town in the spring and summer but pretty dead in the winter as expected. It's really grown alot recently though. Coming from san deigo you will likely be bored to death.