News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can you mix and match heads ????

Started by Daytona Guy, May 25, 2007, 12:46:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daytona Guy

Can you mix and match heads ????

I have a '69 - 906 head and a '74 - 902 head. They look exactly the same.

Rayzor

Would it work, yes it would. But the chamber cc is probably different between them as are the ports so it would not be a very good balance. I would search for another pair or at least a matching casting and start there.

RD

Quote from: Rayzor on May 25, 2007, 12:55:40 AM
Would it work, yes it would. But the chamber cc is probably different between them as are the ports so it would not be a very good balance. I would search for another pair or at least a matching casting and start there.

he is correct, but the difference will be so minimal you would not notice it.  74 has hardened exhaust seats and the 906 does not.  If you are getting them rebuilt, then it does not matter in that regard, cuz you will most likely be putting exhaust seats in the 906 head.  Do not know the flow characteristics, but if it is for a stock rebuild, it does not matter.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

Daytona Guy

From a Mag article they said these two castings are virtually identical. I will be CC-ing my chambers anyway.  The flow - I will be just be giving them a flow improvement - no major porting. I will be enlarging the exhaust valves to 181's and hardened seat put in. Are only the exhaust seats hardened on the 902'a