News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone here not living in the past?..

Started by Brock Samson, May 24, 2007, 07:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

Musicman

If there is anyone out there living in the past, please look me up yesterday and find out exactly what it was that I did, or did not do, to make her so angry.
:scratchchin:

Brock Samson

70charger_boy

People say I'm stuck in the 80's. 
I love girls with the Motley Crue hairdo.
I have a couple member's only jackets
I have socks that are 20 years old
I still have all my birthday cards I received
I have a flock of seagulls bumper sticker on my dakota
I have a michael jackson "Beat it" jacket...but mines Black
Oh the Go-Go's rule

Brock Samson

70charger_boy

Brock Samson

70charger_boy

I'm the chicken who takes a licking and keeps on ticking®

skip68

I MISS THE 80's.   :punkrocka: :bawling: :musik010: :METAL: :smilie_help:  Chuck...........
skip68, A.K.A. Chuck \ 68 Charger 440 auto\ 67 Camaro RS (no 440)       FRANKS & BEANS !!!

Old Moparz

Sometimes I live in the past.

This link someone sent excites me!  :D

http://www.miamiherald.com/776/story/117496.html

Cream bassist says reunion in the works
By ALAN ROBINSON
Associated Press Writer

LONDON -- Jack Bruce says Cream is once again rising to the top. The bassist for the legendary rock group told The Associated Press on Thursday that he agreed recently to play an unspecified show or shows later this year with guitarist Eric Clapton and drummer Ginger Baker.

Bruce would not say when the reunion would occur, but that it would not be the seven-continent Live Earth shows on July 7: "It's a bit later than that."

Bruce recently told the Scotsman newspaper there was no chance the band would reunite because of long-standing tension between him and Baker.

"Then, the next day, it came up we're doing something if I wanted to. Obviously, I'm not going to be the one to say no," Bruce told the AP during an appearance at the Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp.

Representatives for Clapton and Baker have not confirmed the reunion.

Infighting and ego clashes between Baker and Bruce go back decades, with Baker once firing his drum sticks at Bruce during a show and Bruce upending Baker's drum kit.

Clapton persuaded Bruce and Baker to reunite in 2005 after a 37-year split. But the ill will resurfaced, with Baker accusing Bruce of turning up his bass to deafening levels during a Madison Square Garden show, and Clapton appeared uncomfortable on stage.

However, Bruce played those 2005 shows about a year after receiving a liver transplant that kept him alive. He hopes another Cream reunion would be less physically and mentally stressful.

"I hadn't recovered properly yet, so I found it quite difficult," Bruce said. "Now I'm completely recovered so I would enjoy it more."

Bruce made an infrequent performance Thursday, playing Cream's "Sunshine of Your Love" and "White Room" with former Kiss guitarist Bruce Kulick, Bad Company drummer Simon Kirke and Queen keyboardist Spike Edney before about 75 spectators at the Fantasy Camp. Bruce also played Cream songs with the camp's amateur bands, composed of about 50 rock fans who paid upward of $15,000 each for the privilege.
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Musicman

I do miss the music of late 60's, early 70's... music was wild then, so many styles to choose from... you had to be different back then. Of course there's a lot of really great music out there today as well, you just don't hear it on your radio or see it on your TV. Come to think of it, that's how it was back then too... Some things will never change.

nh_mopar_fan

Quote from: Old Moparz on May 24, 2007, 09:04:47 PM
Sometimes I live in the past.

This link someone sent excites me!  :D

http://www.miamiherald.com/776/story/117496.html

Cream bassist says reunion in the works
By ALAN ROBINSON
Associated Press Writer

LONDON -- Jack Bruce says Cream is once again rising to the top. The bassist for the legendary rock group told The Associated Press on Thursday that he agreed recently to play an unspecified show or shows later this year with guitarist Eric Clapton and drummer Ginger Baker.

Bruce would not say when the reunion would occur, but that it would not be the seven-continent Live Earth shows on July 7: "It's a bit later than that."

Bruce recently told the Scotsman newspaper there was no chance the band would reunite because of long-standing tension between him and Baker.

"Then, the next day, it came up we're doing something if I wanted to. Obviously, I'm not going to be the one to say no," Bruce told the AP during an appearance at the Rock and Roll Fantasy Camp.

Representatives for Clapton and Baker have not confirmed the reunion.

Infighting and ego clashes between Baker and Bruce go back decades, with Baker once firing his drum sticks at Bruce during a show and Bruce upending Baker's drum kit.

Clapton persuaded Bruce and Baker to reunite in 2005 after a 37-year split. But the ill will resurfaced, with Baker accusing Bruce of turning up his bass to deafening levels during a Madison Square Garden show, and Clapton appeared uncomfortable on stage.

However, Bruce played those 2005 shows about a year after receiving a liver transplant that kept him alive. He hopes another Cream reunion would be less physically and mentally stressful.

"I hadn't recovered properly yet, so I found it quite difficult," Bruce said. "Now I'm completely recovered so I would enjoy it more."

Bruce made an infrequent performance Thursday, playing Cream's "Sunshine of Your Love" and "White Room" with former Kiss guitarist Bruce Kulick, Bad Company drummer Simon Kirke and Queen keyboardist Spike Edney before about 75 spectators at the Fantasy Camp. Bruce also played Cream songs with the camp's amateur bands, composed of about 50 rock fans who paid upward of $15,000 each for the privilege.

A-freaking-men brother! If there is another show, I am there. The MSG shows were BRILLIANT.

skyhawk61

I don't live in the past, but I visit there regularly.  Dr. Who has his TARDIS...well. so do I.  His looks like a London phone booth, mine is in the shape of a Dodge Charger R/T!
     Too bad about all the people who are permanently stuck in the present...they missed it all the first time and they're missing it again!

kab69440

You know what I miss most about the past? High-top sneakers. Real, honest to God, break-dancer style, 2" over the ankle high-tops. There has never been a more comfortable shoe. I still remember a pair of $12 off-brand black ones that Ma bought me at the local Big Wheel for back-to-school in the seventh grade. I wore those suckers until they flat-out fell apart. I'd kill somebody for another pair of those same shoes.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Mean 318

I live in decades I wasn't even around to enjoy!

Manfred318

Quote from: kab69440 on May 24, 2007, 10:05:05 PM
You know what I miss most about the past? High-top sneakers. Real, honest to God, break-dancer style, 2" over the ankle high-tops. There has never been a more comfortable shoe. I still remember a pair of $12 off-brand black ones that Ma bought me at the local Big Wheel for back-to-school in the seventh grade. I wore those suckers until they flat-out fell apart. I'd kill somebody for another pair of those same shoes.
I bought a pair of high-top sneakers last month. Apparently they are comming back in style.
I live in the past. I drive a '68 Charger most every day, I have the rockin 80's long poofy hair, I still wear high top shoes, I love 70's-80's metal, I still buy vinyl albums, Most of the shirts I have are from the 80's-early 90's, I also own and still use a laser disc player.

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

2Gunz

Big Wheel?

You dont happen to be from Salamanca, New York do you?

ck1

Its all moving to fast for me so I'm living in the past, its to expensive to live in the future for me........................
CJK

kab69440

Quote from: 2Gunz on May 25, 2007, 12:24:49 AM

Big Wheel?

You dont happen to be from Salamanca, New York do you?

Nope. I'm from Upper Sandbox-y, Ohio.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

Headrope

What is the past but yesterday's future?
Sixty-eights look great and the '69 is fine.
But before the General Lee there was me - Headrope.

73dodge

I have a 73 Charger is that enough to qualify to post here?

I don't miss anthing about the past except  I miss having Reagan as the president wish he was still around but I don't miss the crappy cars and the stupid "music" groups of the 80's. Oh I do miss having the F-14 flying around as the baddest fighter in the world I love that plane
Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

70charger_boy

Brock Samson

the reason i brought it up is because so many things and attutudes the members here enjoy and seem to want to hold on to or bring back are from 20 plus years ago... Raygun, Star Wars, DOH,.. you get the idea...
Some of the things are concidered "classics" by us, but the world has moved on and some things have improved and some things have gotten worse,.. alot worse...
i sometimes feel like we, and i will include myself in here, bury our collective heads in the sand and in doing so are vulnerable to some pretty rude reality checks,..
So make all the jokes you want I enjoy them but but their are some pretty interesting things going on in the world, and I for one want to at least be aware of what they are... 

in all seriousness,
  Zed the Dyslexic Lesbian

http://www.badmovies.org/movies/zardoz/zardoz2.wav

Lowprofile

I like to visit my past from time to time, but I agree with you Brock.....lots of cool stuff here & now! My kids point that out to me all the time!! :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Ghoste

I don't live there but I do have a strong nostalgia gene.  You're right Brock, there is a lot to check out and cheer about right now and right around the corner, but there were a lot of things from before that aren't worth turning away from either.

mikepmcs

Quote from: 73dodge on May 25, 2007, 05:53:26 AM
I miss having Reagan as the president wish he was still around Oh I do miss having the F-14 flying around as the baddest fighter in the world I love that plane.

I feel your pain.  The TOMCAT was the best! I could still fix it to this day(even though I went P-3's in the early 90's after my VF tour)) and remember the sequence to turning everything on and the breakers to pull etc.....   I would stay on the ramp with my cart full of computers and CSDC's all day long and never come in.  Good times...good times! :yesnod:

32 Aircraft and at least 15-18 sorties a day! :2thumbs:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

bull

73dodge

Quote from: mikepmcs on May 25, 2007, 08:22:31 PM
Quote from: 73dodge on May 25, 2007, 05:53:26 AM
I miss having Reagan as the president wish he was still around Oh I do miss having the F-14 flying around as the baddest fighter in the world I love that plane.

I feel your pain.  The TOMCAT was the best! I could still fix it to this day(even though I went P-3's in the early 90's after my VF tour)) and remember the sequence to turning everything on and the breakers to pull etc.....   I would stay on the ramp with my cart full of computers and CSDC's all day long and never come in.  Good times...good times! :yesnod:

32 Aircraft and at least 15-18 sorties a day! :2thumbs:

v/r
Mike

Dude no way! where and when did you work on them?

I was at NASO in 1986 - 88 working I-level maintenance for the F-14 and the A-6 I did a LOT of stuff for the Tomcat.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

mikepmcs

1988-late 91.
NAS Miramar Ca. VF-124 Gunfighters.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

RECHRGD

I live in the past anytime I'm in the Charger.  I think most of us have a soft spot in our hearts for days of our youth when the world was new and was ours to do with as we pleased.  No house payments, no health problems, no worries about retirement funds, young women still found you attractive.  Listening to oldies music brings back memories of special events or friends and listening to them while driving the Charger just multiplies the feeling.  Yea, there's a lot of neat stuff going on today too, but when I get back into my normal day to day mode the aches and pains return.  Thank God for 1968 Chargers! ;D  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

70charger_boy

Rate This Thread:

Did you find this topic usefull:

Report to moderator: