News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

quarter window roller replacement

Started by charger01, May 23, 2007, 09:03:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger01

I have a couple bad rollers on my 69 passenger side quarter window.  How hard is it to remove and once I get it all out, are the rollers easy to change.  I saw paddock sells a set, but was wondering if I need any special tools to install them or how they connect.

thanks in advance

resq302

I did that about 2 years ago to my car.  It was harder to get  the windows to allign with the front glass than it was to replace all of the rollers.  My advice from doing mine.... take your time and you should have no problems.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Dennis K

If you only need to replace a few of the rollers, R/T Specialties sells them individually if you'd rather not buy the whole set.

resq302

Actually, if you pull it all apart,  you may as well replace all of them since you will have it all exposed.  You wouldn't want one failing in 6 mos after just going though all that hassle.  At least that is what I did.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

charger01

Quote from: Dennis K on May 23, 2007, 06:36:43 PM
If you only need to replace a few of the rollers, R/T Specialties sells them individually if you'd rather not buy the whole set.

Do you have their website?