News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Will someone check over my rim/tire order please

Started by badack, May 22, 2007, 07:11:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

badack

After weeks of obsessing and archiving pics and comments I finally decided on a rim and tire package. Today I ordered the tried and true TTII, BFG combo. Would you dudes/dudettes check over my specs and tell me if this will work.

Rear 15x10, 5" BS, with 295/50/15 BFG TA Radials
Front 15x8, 4.5"BS with 245/60/15 BFG TA Radials

She's a 69 charger stock ride height.

Daytona R/T SE

What kind of car? Pacer? Neon? Grand Caravan?  :shruggy:

badack

Uh yea that would help. 69 charger, stock ride height.

terrible one

Looks good to me, but MAYBE you want 5.5" backspace on the 15x10's with the 295's. I'm positive 5" would work, but I can't remember which one looks the best, as far as how far the wheel sticks out.

Rolling_Thunder

i believe you want 5.5" BS as well...     that number seems to be in my head....   
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

badack

Anyone else??? Isn't this like the most popular combo going? The rims are custom order -no return and it would be cool if they fit.

NorwayCharger

Quote from: badack on May 24, 2007, 04:47:09 AM
Anyone else??? Isn't this like the most popular combo going? The rims are custom order -no return and it would be cool if they fit.

I run 10" rims on the rear with 295/45/18 4,5" backspace, and it is tight to the fender lip.
Almost 2" before it rubs the spring.
So 5" backspace would be fine
AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

blue69

The rears are fine. That is the same backspacing and tire size I use. The fronts will most likely rub at full lock if you have front drums. Mine rubbed with 235/15/60 on 7" wheels with 4.5" of backspacing and front drums. I gained the necessary clearance when I installed front disc using a body spindles and 11.75" rotors.

badack

I do have a disc brake conversion on the front so it sounds like those will be fine but after reading the first two responses and before reading the last two  I ordered the rear rims with 5.5 in BS soooo now what do you think. I guess we'll have to wait and see in 4 weeks.

NorwayCharger

Quote from: badack on May 24, 2007, 03:25:23 PM
I do have a disc brake conversion on the front so it sounds like those will be fine but after reading the first two responses and before reading the last two  I ordered the rear rims with 5.5 in BS soooo now what do you think. I guess we'll have to wait and see in 4 weeks.

You will be fine. no rubbing ;)
AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

SHARP68

Does anyone have pics showing the difference 5 vs. 5.5 backspace with a 295 50 R15 tire, what fits and looks better :D

blue69

When I measured 5.5" of backspacing was too much, but every car is different due to poor tolerances. With my car it wasn't the spring that it would hit, but the wheel tub near the top of the tire. But at least too much backspacing can be corrected with spacers, which is better than not having enough. Another thing you can do is a rear disc conversion. Most kits space out the wheels 1/4" due to the rotors being thicker than drums.

C500

badack, did you get your wheels on? I'm running the same combo. Have got the tyres, am about to order the rims. Can you post some pictures...pleeeze?
"An aggressive exterior with power to match was enough to pull in the performance boys-especially when abetted by a pair of pipes blaring out the back, and brawny red-sidewall rubber hitting the pavement."  

"........the four speed box changes cogs with the precision of a sharp axe striking soft pine."

charger Downunder

I have the same size tyres front and back T/A s 15 by 8 inch magnums all round no rubbing at all.
70 charger
[/quote]