News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone use Mopar Performance Dual Plane Intake Manifold?

Started by Corellian Corvette, May 21, 2007, 12:17:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Corellian Corvette

Looking to replace my stock intake manifold on my 68 383 Charger.. It's nasty, I need to take it off anyway and figured I'd replace it with something nicer.

http://store.summitracing.com/partdetail.asp?part=DCC%2D4529117&autoview=sku

I saw something in the laysons catalog that says this has no provision for vaccum ports, but I see something on the back that looks like the stock vaccum port opening. Is that right?

I like this because it looks stock - I don't want to mess with hood clearance. Any tips with this? Will everything bolt-up like stock? Do I still use the turkey tray oil pan cover?

Thanks!

Chryco Psycho

The M1 dual plane is an alum copy of the sock Iron intake & will work fine & yes it has a vacuum tap in the rear port as the factory one had

8WHEELER

If you looked at my car very hard, you would have noticed I am running the M1
Mopar intake, the Mopar on it, is a giveaway, although I painted mine to match the
stock color of the engine, so its not very noticeable, plus the front float bowl on
my 850 Holley covers up the M1 as well.

As far as performance, you will notice very little improvement if any, but I had to
try it, plus it takes several pounds off the engine. As far as hook ups go, it has everthing
the stock intake has. It just has two holes just under the carb instead of 4 as the
original intake does.

Oh, and the stock 68 choke will not work if you don't have an electric choke, you
will need to run a 70 choke stove, the type that has a mound on top, the 68 unit
is flat and will not work on this intake.

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.

Chatt69chgr

Hey 8Wheeler----------that looks like a Holly 4bbl being used with a original unsilenced air cleaner.  Did you have any problems with the air cleaner base fitting over the Holly?  I ask this since I think the original carb was a Carter AVS.  I've about decided to go with a Holly on my 69 Charger 440 4bbl setup.  I'll be using the Edelbrock CH4B intake.  Thanks.

8WHEELER

Quote from: Chatt69chgr on May 22, 2007, 09:46:18 AM
Hey 8Wheeler----------that looks like a Holly 4bbl being used with a original unsilenced air cleaner.  Did you have any problems with the air cleaner base fitting over the Holly?  I ask this since I think the original carb was a Carter AVS.  I've about decided to go with a Holly on my 69 Charger 440 4bbl setup.  I'll be using the Edelbrock CH4B intake.  Thanks.

Yes, that's an 850 Holley. It fits everything just fine, the only problem I had with the
carb air cleaner combo was when I ran a Holley Street Dominator Intake as well. With
no hood pad the air cleaner would torque up into the hood, so for many many years I
ran solid motor mounts. But I am trying for the stock look for awhile, but I sure do
like the Holley Street Dominator intake  :yesnod: :yesnod:

Dan
74 Dart Sport 360, just for added fun.