News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone here not living in the past?..

Started by Brock Samson, May 24, 2007, 07:04:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ponch ®

"I spent most of my money on cars, birds, and booze. The rest I squandered." - George Best

Chrysler Performance West

Ghoste

I don't live there but I do have a strong nostalgia gene.  You're right Brock, there is a lot to check out and cheer about right now and right around the corner, but there were a lot of things from before that aren't worth turning away from either.

mikepmcs

Quote from: 73dodge on May 25, 2007, 05:53:26 AM
I miss having Reagan as the president wish he was still around Oh I do miss having the F-14 flying around as the baddest fighter in the world I love that plane.

I feel your pain.  The TOMCAT was the best! I could still fix it to this day(even though I went P-3's in the early 90's after my VF tour)) and remember the sequence to turning everything on and the breakers to pull etc.....   I would stay on the ramp with my cart full of computers and CSDC's all day long and never come in.  Good times...good times! :yesnod:

32 Aircraft and at least 15-18 sorties a day! :2thumbs:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

bull

73dodge

Quote from: mikepmcs on May 25, 2007, 08:22:31 PM
Quote from: 73dodge on May 25, 2007, 05:53:26 AM
I miss having Reagan as the president wish he was still around Oh I do miss having the F-14 flying around as the baddest fighter in the world I love that plane.

I feel your pain.  The TOMCAT was the best! I could still fix it to this day(even though I went P-3's in the early 90's after my VF tour)) and remember the sequence to turning everything on and the breakers to pull etc.....   I would stay on the ramp with my cart full of computers and CSDC's all day long and never come in.  Good times...good times! :yesnod:

32 Aircraft and at least 15-18 sorties a day! :2thumbs:

v/r
Mike

Dude no way! where and when did you work on them?

I was at NASO in 1986 - 88 working I-level maintenance for the F-14 and the A-6 I did a LOT of stuff for the Tomcat.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

mikepmcs

1988-late 91.
NAS Miramar Ca. VF-124 Gunfighters.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

RECHRGD

I live in the past anytime I'm in the Charger.  I think most of us have a soft spot in our hearts for days of our youth when the world was new and was ours to do with as we pleased.  No house payments, no health problems, no worries about retirement funds, young women still found you attractive.  Listening to oldies music brings back memories of special events or friends and listening to them while driving the Charger just multiplies the feeling.  Yea, there's a lot of neat stuff going on today too, but when I get back into my normal day to day mode the aches and pains return.  Thank God for 1968 Chargers! ;D  Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

70charger_boy

Rate This Thread:

Did you find this topic usefull:

Report to moderator: