News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Glass Bead Blasting

Started by venom04, May 18, 2007, 08:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

venom04

We have a blaster, so we are going to blast my car, we have Glass Bead blasting material availabe, also aluminium oxide and walnut shells.  The guy told us the glass bead would probley be best what do you guys think? 

Thanks
:drive:

ck1

Quote from: venom04 on May 18, 2007, 08:26:53 PM
We have a blaster, so we are going to blast my car, we have Glass Bead blasting material availabe, also aluminium oxide and walnut shells.  The guy told us the glass bead would probley be best what do you guys think? 

Thanks
If I was to have my car done it would be walnut sheels.........
CJK

Silver R/T

I would just try and see what works best. It's usually personal preference
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

hemi-hampton

Walnut Shells are usually used on Corvettes due to the softer Fiberglass underneath compared to metal. LEON.

moparguy01

we're used silica sand with good success, you just have to be careful not to sit in one place for too long. and keep the nozzle at an angle. I havent warped a panel, granted I also don't sandblast the middle of 1/4 panels on big cars like chargers either. I did do some 1/4s on a 65 barracuda once. but it was a short enough 1/4 that it wasnt a big deal.

I've use walnut shells before, and they work, but they're pretty spendy.