News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Can't find the thread on start problem.

Started by deputycrawford, May 14, 2007, 02:43:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deputycrawford

I have seached the archives for an old thread and some how, can't find much on the subject. A friend of mine has a 70 GTX. He turns the key in the start position all day and the car does not start. Let go of the key and the 6 pack sings. Is it the brown wire on the ballast thing or something in the ignition switch? I found one thread on a third gen car. I hope they are the same. Can someone throw me a bone here? I could use the reminder anyway. Thanks.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.

1972cuda

Does it have power from the start relay to ballast resistor in start position.
1 side of the resistor should have 12v on start position, that side should also be hooked to coil positive.
Other side should show 12v in run position and 9v back on the coil side.

deputycrawford

I will pass on this post to my friend and see what he tells me. He is alittle busy with many things right now and may not be able to get back with me right away, but I am sure he is interested in fixing the problem. I will let you know. Thanks for the reply.
If it ain't wide open; it ain't running.        Rule number one in motocross racing: Pin it; row the gear box; and wait until you hit something.     At work my motto is: If you need me, call someone else.