News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

440 pilot bearing questions.

Started by no318, May 16, 2007, 06:18:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

no318

What type do you use? Needle roller, or stock bushing? Any part #'s

What machining is needed? 440 steel crank from an auto. car. Engine is in the car.

THANK YOU.

Charger-Bodie

mopar perf has one that goes where the torq converter hub used to go ,its way better imo than the stock manual bushing anyway ,but, the one bad thing is that some cranks arent deep enuf for the input shaft , somethimes you need to cut a little off but its better than taking the gine back apart or forcing it and ruining the tranny bearings
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Chryco Psycho

use the Dakota roller brg , if the hoile is not deep enough in the rear of the crank just drill the hole a bit deeper in the rear fo the crank it dosen`t matter if ti si centered as it is not holding the pilot bushing