News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Billet Door Lock Knobs - XV Motorsports

Started by dqhemi, May 16, 2007, 06:57:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dqhemi

We just got these in today... another new product we've just finished up.

These door lock knobs are CNC'd from Billet Aluminum and will fit all 1964-74 Mopars, except for E-Body.

Here's a link to these on our site:  Click Here

Hope you like them!

These are in stock and ready to ship.

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

hutch

In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

Charger1973

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

dqhemi

Quote from: Silver R/T on May 16, 2007, 09:39:19 PM
nice, you guys take Paypal?

Thanks!

Visa, MC and AMEX. 
We haven't set anything up w/ paypal.

John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

autodynamics

so what new products can we expect from xv? also john do we have to register for the event at your place? im think about taking a ride there. Pete

Lostsheep

dqhemi

Quote from: autodynamics on May 17, 2007, 12:50:33 AM
so what new products can we expect from xv? also john do we have to register for the event at your place? im think about taking a ride there. Pete

You don't need to register for our open house, you only need to register if you want to be in the drawings for a ride in one of our XV cars, or the power boat ride on the Hudson. 

Can't remember if I updated it here or not, but Rick Ehrenberg from Mopar Action will be here as well.

On parts we've got alot of things we'll be announcing shortly:

- Billet hood hinges are done and just need to be produced
- EFI fuel system w/in tank pump is 99% ready to launch
- We're finishing up two 13" brake packages (one 2-piston other 4-piston) these will be complete kits w/ an 11" rear disc as well and a fractiono f the price of what we've done with brakes  so far
- Consoles for E-Body are done and we are getting these priced to do in quantity - have cup holders and will fit double din stereo if you want to do touch screen, DVD etc.
- Recaro seats retro upholstered just need to finalize prices on (may offer another brand as well)
- Leather covered interior panels and dash pad are just about ready to offer out
- Power window kits that work
-  3" stainless exhaust I just need to get prices and pics up, they are done
-  We're also starting to build stroker 5.7 and 6.1 Hemi's now (392 and 426 cu in) but need to finalize pricing and specific packages. 
- We should finally be getting production samples of our intakes for the 5.7 and 6.1 Hemi's in forst couple of weeks of June
-  Car covers will be in next week
- We're in the process of having our own wheels made up as well
- More billet pieces are also being made for a number of things
- I'm almsot done revising prices on our Level I suspension, we're droppig the price on these, and we'll be offering the individual parts as well, not just the whole system
- Oh and T-shirts, hats, polos and sweatshirts will be out shortly - these are the most important of course!

So lot's keeping us busy and there's still more we're working on. 

Couple of other pretty cool things, we're doing an article with Car and Driver magazine next week - Some cool venues for this one.
Mopar Muscle current issue has an article on us.  Several install articles in the works with a few different magazines.

And maybe the coolest thing, which we won't formally announce for a few weeks still, is we are doing an XV MUSCLE CAR ONLY OPEN TRACK EVENT on a real nice road race course with professional instructors, etc.  We've already rented the track which we picked specifically to work well for muscle cars.  We'll be limiting the number of cars that can go so it's not like some open track events where it is a zoo.  We'll also have a 3,000' straight where people will be able to evaluate their acceleration, braking and slalom.  There will be professional instructors for this and we've structured it so even if you've never been on a tack you'll get proper instruction - so it should be a great event to see how your car really works in a controlled environent and als see some really top pro-touring/G-machines, and not just ours.  This will also be open to people who just want to watch it.

Looks like we've also nailed a major mainstream magazine to cover it and TV coverage for it on a well known show.  Everything is all set up except getting the final media commitments.  This will be held on October 11th.  We'll be releasing all the details probably a week or two before our open house.  I'm really excited about this.  We'll have some of our cars there to thrash on and we're hoping to have a purpose built track-only car ready in time for it as well.
John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

Old Moparz

The door lock knobs look great. I'm liking all this custom stuff, sounds nice.  :2thumbs:
               Bob               

Going Nowhere In A Hurry

Todd Wilson

Are your products american made or can we expect overpriced low quality made in china stuff?

Todd

dqhemi

Quote from: Todd Wilson on May 17, 2007, 11:16:27 AM
Are your products american made or can we expect overpriced low quality made in china stuff?

Nothing we sell is low quality.

Right now everything we have made is US or Canada.

We tried to have one piece done in China because cost was a real issue in US. 
We wasted over six months with two different parties and in the end found a place in Canada that was pretty competitive with what prices we were quoted from China. 

Right now no plans for anything to be done outside North America, but if it makes sense and we can get the quality we want we will.
You would be very surprised at some of the stuff being done in Asia now and who is having things made there.
But so far it hasn't made any sense for us and won't for much of what we do. 
John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com

Todd Wilson

Quote from: dqhemi on May 17, 2007, 12:09:08 PM
Quote from: Todd Wilson on May 17, 2007, 11:16:27 AM

Nothing we sell is low quality.

Right now everything we have made is US or Canada.

We tried to have one piece done in China because cost was a real issue in US. 
We wasted over six months with two different parties and in the end found a place in Canada that was pretty competitive with what prices we were quoted from China. 

Right now no plans for anything to be done outside North America, but if it makes sense and we can get the quality we want we will.
You would be very surprised at some of the stuff being done in Asia now and who is having things made there.
But so far it hasn't made any sense for us and won't for much of what we do. 

I am glad to hear this. I will be surprised when something of quality comes out of an asian area. Anything metal I have been around has a short life and breaks or twists or distorts. Everything from metal clips on overalls to Made In China stamped on a hook or boomer for chaining stuff down.

Todd

Ghoste

I have to admit that when I first saw the title, I thought, "why would anybody want a billet door lock knob?"  But, after seeing the pics I have to say that those are a really good looking little piece that will long long outlast the original plated plastic ones.

Sinister68

Quote from: dqhemi on May 17, 2007, 09:50:40 AM

Good!  Two of the things I've been looking at.   :yesnod:

Will the hood hinges come with the springs or just the hood hinges by themselves?

Will the EFI fuel system work on an RB engine?
-James
2013 Challenger SRT - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 1968 Charger (R/T)
6.4 Hemi/Auto - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 440 4bbl/5 Speed/Dana 3.54

dqhemi

Quote from: Sinister68 on May 18, 2007, 04:32:59 PM
Quote from: dqhemi on May 17, 2007, 09:50:40 AM

Good!  Two of the things I've been looking at.   :yesnod:

Will the hood hinges come with the springs or just the hood hinges by themselves?

Will the EFI fuel system work on an RB engine?

Billet hood hinges have only been done for E-Body so far - here's what they look like:

No spring as you can see.  We haven't committed to do these for B Body yet, so let me know if you might be interested.
This is one item that will be quite expensive.

On the fuel tanks, these will work with any engine running EFI.
Tank looks exactly like a stock reproduction tank and uses the factory sending unit and fill. 
Fuel pump is mounted internally and uses an OE quality pump so it is quiet, just like on a production car.
Pump is setup for feed and return lines, we'll have a wiring harness, connectors and an optional inertia/rollover switch to kill the pump in an accident.

We'll also be offering factory style pre-bent hardlines to plumb the feed and return and the ends terminating in the engine bay have 'AN' fittings to make it easy to plumb direct to the motor.  I may have pics of the final piece in a couple of days.
John Buscema
XV Motorsports
www.xvmotorsports.com