News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

only 2 superbirds at show this weekend

Started by sunroofsuperbird, May 15, 2007, 08:52:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sunroofsuperbird

I went to a mopar show this weekend and there was only 2 superbirds there. Sorry no daytonas. I like the wheels on the orange one. I was going to take my superbird I wish I would have now. I took my GTX conv instead. heres some pics of them.
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
71 Challenger R/T stationwagon
70 Sunroof superbird clone
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
71 Challenger conv pace car
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
78 Aspen Super Coupe Sedan Delivery
80 Aspen Load Runner wagon
67 Fury 6 door limo wagon
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

TomP

I think there is a trend of fewer and fewer top dollar cars at local shows.  As the prices have been driven up to where the cars are now "investments" rather than driveable cars, the owners stop taking them to all but the largest shows.   My clubs show last year had zero 'cudas and only a few Challengers show up.  No Wing cars like in previous years.  Lots of A-bodies, B-Bodies, C-Bodies and pre-68 stuff, though.

Investors are ruining the sport for the average joe.

I think those of us that are interested in building clones will get a lot of attention at the shows in years to come, since there will be very few original wing cars that ever get out to see the public.
'70 Charger R/T Clone - FE5/V1W 451/727/Dana/4 wheel disc brakes/AC (Under Restification)
'70 Challenger - FM3/V1W 440/727/8.75/4 wheel disc brakes (Under Restification)
'74 Duster - FM3/V1W 225/904/7.25 Disc/Drum
'93 RAM D250 - 5.9L/A518/9.25 (Old Sacto Cop Truck)
'94 BMW 740iL

Yes, I'm a Dodge Boy.  Verstehen?

runninhorn

man i want to do a Dayclona so bad.........patience, patience........ ;D

daytonalo

62 Max

There were two at this show also. :icon_smile_big:

daytonalo

BigBlockSam

that blue bird is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet! :drool5:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

hemi68charger

Quote from: 62 Max on October 27, 2007, 06:45:08 PM
There were two at this show also. :icon_smile_big:

Now, one of those would look good next to a turquoise '68 Hemi Charger R/T...  :icon_smile_big:

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

The70RT

<br /><br />Uploaded with ImageShack.us

moparstuart

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

pettybird

Quote from: daytonalo on October 27, 2007, 04:19:23 PM
No chin spoiler !!! wonder why ???

ours has been missing off of our petty car since dad bought it in may '76--it's never been an issue, though...it runs just as cool as the B5 car in all weather--kinda weird. 

moparstuart

Quote from: pettybird on October 29, 2007, 12:26:34 PM
Quote from: daytonalo on October 27, 2007, 04:19:23 PM
No chin spoiler !!! wonder why ???

ours has been missing off of our petty car since dad bought it in may '76--it's never been an issue, though...it runs just as cool as the B5 car in all weather--kinda weird. 
dougy they do make them ,  call dave and get one    oh sorry then you might have to paint it and install it forgot

pettybird

this guy!

maybe i can take the car apart for 10 years and not get it running when i get it back...

i have two sitting here from dave.  car doesn't overheat, so no real rush in putting something on that's just going to get damaged

moparstuart

makes it look better though

motor did turn over the other day  by hand
  not started yet though