News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Daytona & Superbird Footage on Fox Before Darlington Race on Sunday.

Started by WINGR, May 15, 2007, 01:41:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WINGR

Hi, I hope many of you were watching the Darlington race on Sunday and had a chance to see the coverage right before the race where they showed footage of the Daytona's and Superbirds and made mention of these great Winged cars. They first had a scene with the cars lined up before the race and then they were showing the cars kicken it up on the track. Later on during the race they were doing flashbacks of the Darlington races and there was a scene with the Winged cars, Talladega's, & the Cyclone Super ll's. It was awesome but quick, I only wish that I had been ready to tape or Tivo.

WINGR

daytonalo

THE GOLDEN YEARS !!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOW THAT CRAP IS LIKE THE SPECIAL OLYMPICS OF AUTO RACING
LARRY

Ghoste

Isn't the footage from the Darlington race when the wing cars were running available someplace?

WINGR

Ghoste, there is some footage from the Darlington race in 1970 contained on the DVD "Hard Chargers" which is kind of a documentary on Richard Petty, Pete Hamilton, and Cale Y. and is available through the Daytona Superbird Club. I have it and highly recommend it.

WINGR

Ghoste

I'm pretty sure I still have a collection around here someplace of the Rebel 500 from around 63 to 73.  I'd have to dig to find it but I'm sure have something like that.  Don't where I got it but I just assumed someone gave it to me over the years and it came from some NASCAR store or whatever?

nascarxx29

I willl watch that segment before Darlington race.I got vintage wingcar races transfered to VHS.I like watching more
1969 R4 Daytona XX29L9B410772
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23UOA174597
1970 FY1 Superbird RM23UOA166242
1970 EV2 Superbird RM23VOA179697
1968 426 Road Runner RM21J8A134509
1970 Coronet RT WS23UOA224126
1970 Daytona Clone XP29GOG178701

WINGR

Hi nascarxx29 how have you been doing? It was pretty cool to see that footage although it wasn't enough of course.

WINGR/STEVE