News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone interested in a possible Griffin radiator group buy??

Started by runningman, May 07, 2007, 10:48:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

runningman

I saw the write up about the new mopar styled aluminum radiators in one of the latest mopar mags.  I emailed them to see if there would be any interest in them working with us on a group buy.  Here is the response I got

Matt>>>>We have done group buys. I would like you to talk with either Benji or Patrick. We have photos of

70-72>>> 22" wide Demon>>>70-72>>>26" wide Challenger>>>1968>>>22" wide Plymouth Sat>>>66-69>>>26" wide Charger

66>>>22" wide Polara>>>67-69>>>26" wide Coronet>>>70-73 26" wide Charger...68-69>>>22" wide Cuda. Some of these

might fit other models. We do not have many samples for Mopars. We are looking for sample so we can build most of the

Mopars. If you or someone else has a sample of a Mopar that we have not built we will always give a discount for a

Aluminum radiator. If someone has a sample that they will give us we will discount a little deeper. Let me know

Thanks Ron

I haven't talked to anyone about specific details but I wanted to check and see if anyone would be interested in getting in on one.  thanks  Matt

41husk

Depending on the Savings, I would be interested in one for my 73.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Rolling_Thunder

1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

runningman

v21hemicharger

I would buy one.  What is the retail price on a 26" for 69 charger?

chargermick

Depending on the price, I'm in. Thanks again Runningman for putting these together. The deal you got us on the SSBC group buy was awesome.

runningman

Quote from: chargermick on May 10, 2007, 02:51:37 PM
Depending on the price, I'm in. Thanks again Runningman for putting these together. The deal you got us on the SSBC group buy was awesome.

No problem, we still get the SSBC deal but it isn't quite as good as it was the first time.  I will check on pricing.  I believe it is pretty close to the price of the Mancini Racing mopar styled radiators.  I think their 26" is $600 or so.   We have six people interested so far.  Anybody have any of the radiators they are looking for so they can take dimensions??

matt

chargermick

Do they make a 22"? And, WHY DID MA MOPAR PUT A 22" ON A 440 CAR?  Are Griffin radiators the "welded" type or the " glued"  type? I remember Chryco saying stay away from the glued type.

runningman

I am pretty sure they are all welded, made in the USA.  My car was originally a 383 with a 22", I got a 26" pass side support and am going to weld that in so it will look factory

Silver R/T

depending on price I need one for my R/T 22" from 318 Challenger isnt working that good
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

runningman

Makes six, was hoping to get 10 or so before I started checking on pricing.

41husk

I may be able to get two depending on the price,  I definetly need one for the 68, but If I could get two for under 1k I would get one for the 73 as well.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

runningman

Still working on this group buy, trying to get moparts involved also so we can get some more orders involved.  I will keep everyone informed as I get info. thanks  matt

2Gunz

You would get more people interested if they knew what they might be buying.

Im going to assume that this is the company http://www.griffinrad.com/

I need a new radiator but dont know anything about them or the radiators.

Just a thought :)

41husk

They have an ad in collectors guide, If ypu ask around they are a respectable Co. that puts out a good product.  I believe the radiator Runningman is talking about was featured in the New parts section of  Mopar Muscle or Collectors guide, nas an aluminum Rad. with the look and fit of stock.  I will try to find the exact article.
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904

runningman

Quote from: 2Gunz on May 17, 2007, 01:03:51 AM

You would get more people interested if they knew what they might be buying.

Im going to assume that this is the company http://www.griffinrad.com/

I need a new radiator but dont know anything about them or the radiators.

Just a thought :)

Sorry about that, I guess I am under the assumption that most people are familiar with Griffin as they are sold by Summit, Jegs and what not.  The only thing different is that they are styled after original mopar radiators.  I am trying to find out a little more about their product before I get alot more involved.  This is just to get a rough idea of the amount of people that may be interested.  From the info I have gotten so far it sounds as if the rad's are brazed and epoxied.  From some of the threads over at moparts it sounds like we may want to stay away from anything that has epoxy.  Some guys over there have the universal griffin's that eventually leaked and they weren't able to get them fixed because of the epoxy.  I am still researching this issue, anyone radiator experts out there??