News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Daytona Is Finally Getting Worked On Updated 6-11-07 It's Almost Done

Started by 71ChallengeHer, May 14, 2007, 09:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Red Ram

Sorry you're having to go through this.   :rotz:

For what its worth, I would ask him for all my money back and if he refuses, go directly to an attorney. It may just take a note on attorney letterhead to get it taken care of. These are the type of things you what to resolve quickly from the start.
"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

TUFCAT

*Edit* Jackie, please don't PM me or anybody with the guys number. Clearer heads should prevail....... but I'm dying to know what kind of shop cuts wires instead of pulling apart the weatherpack connectors - - that's JUST INSANE!   Who does this kind of shit?  :'( :'( :'(  Yes, I'm  pissed (for you)  but I'm not an attorney and any non-legal interaction would just add fuel to the problem. You should handle this professionally with an attorney - not the TUFCAT way.  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: 

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 21, 2007, 09:48:16 PM
Jackie, please do..... I'm dying to know what kind of shop cuts wires instead of pulling apart the weatherpack connectors - - that's JUST INSANE!   Who does this kind of shit?  :'( :'( :'(
Can that wire be fixed or what ?  Don fixed the one under the hood when I was up there tonight.

TUFCAT

Sure, they can all be fixed..... Soldered then shrink-wrapped. But I would get the service manual electrical schematic before I did anything.  It would be nice to have the connectors the asshole cut off.

UFO

Tell the story while at shows,cruise nights etc.Word of mouth travels around(both good and bad).

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: UFO on June 21, 2007, 10:25:08 PM
Tell the story while at shows,cruise nights etc.Word of mouth travels around(both good and bad).
I'm sure it already has traveled. Eric, my friend has a 68 Dart GTS was gonna get his car painted there until he saw Shelby's car. And my brother was gonna send his 70 Charger there, but not now. :rotz:

jasonfromIKILLYA

"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

Brock Samson

:scratchchin: i don't agree, violence is not a correct response... present him a written list of the issues incl. pics where possible...
give him some time to get it... be civil,.. sometimes we have to be bigger then the jerks we have to deal with...  :misbehaving: :ahum: :icon_bs: :chatting: :smilie_help: :nono: :paintingpink:

Charger_Fan

The rear defrost wire thing shouldn't be a big deal, other than the plain inconvience of having to reattach it. Just a matter of removing the panel it fell behind, solder & heat shrink it back together, and you're fixed.

The crappy paint job thing is of course, other matter. :icon_smile_angry: I hope you can get it resolved quickly & as anger free as possible. The Better Biz Bureau should be brought into the loop too, for the sake of future customers.

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

71ChallengeHer

We sent an e-mail to Troy about the issues with the Daytona. We know he read it an are still waiting for his response. :popcrn: :popcrn: :popcrn:                                                                  We haven't heard from you and we wanted to let you know what is wrong with the daytona...
        - Many paint runs
        - Paint chipping already
        - A lot of dirt in the paint
        - Overspray everywhere
        - Stripes are lilac NOT flamingo pink
        - Spoiler is rippled
        - Tips of spoiler are not painted
        - Gaskets not under the spoiler
        - Driver side mirror and molding not flush with the car
        - Random screws and bolts in our car and we do not know where they go
        - Tail lights out
        - Scratches all over the paint (especially the bumper)
        - Wires cut (hood light and rear window defoggers.. wtf?)
        - Corners of the hood are boogered up
        - Big chip on the hood
        - Mud flaps and various other parts not put back on the car
        - Fisheyes and orange peel everywhere
        - Underside above where the license plate goes is still purple
        - Still dents in passenger door
        - Tape lines (especially on the roof)
        - Under gas cap is not painted
Questions: Did you use flex paint? Why is there grease smeared all over the car? Did James even ever paint a car before this one?
If you plan to straighten this out please contact me asap. I'm not trying to be picky, and I didn't expect a $10,000 paint job but I also didn't expect what we got. I was highly disappointed that the good did not outweigh the bad. We just wanted it done right for once and we wanted it to look nice, that is why we sent it to you. Do you really want this going to car shows representing your business? Don't think its just us, many other people have looked at it and found a lot of the problems listed. People noticed flaws we didn't even notice and people who go to shows have been laughing calling it a 50 footer. They made fun of Shelby and asked her if she got it painted at Macco. This whole situation is really sad because she was planning on having you restore her super coupe after she got out of college (a $20,000 job). Anyways I hope you are willing to reconcile or at least reason with us.
Thanks for taking the time to read this,
Jackie O'Brien

Red Ram

Good letter! You're being reasonable offering to negotiate.

My opinion for what it's worth , is to follow up that letter with some options for him to consider. For example..I want my money back, I want you to fix these problems or i want you to pay/arrange for someone else to fix these problems. Send him a hard copy of your letter (e-mail) via certified mail w/ return receipt in case you have to show a court in the future that you offered to negotiate and he received the letter. I hope it all works out.

Brad
"In search of truth...some pointy boots and a few snack-crackers"

69charger2002

that really sucks. what a terrible experience that must be. i surely hope he offers to make it right, though it doesn't sound promising
keep us updated
all the best
trav
i live in CHARGERLAND.. visitors welcome. 166 total, 7 still around      

http://charger01foster.tripod.com/

Manfred318

Quote from: Red Ram on June 26, 2007, 09:39:46 PM

My opinion for what it's worth , is to follow up that letter with some options for him to consider. For example..I want my money back, I want you to fix these problems or i want you to pay/arrange for someone else to fix these problems. Send him a hard copy of your letter (e-mail) via certified mail w/ return receipt in case you have to show a court in the future that you offered to negotiate and he received the letter. I hope it all works out.

Brad
:iagree: :iagree: :yesnod:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

71ChallengeHer

Thanks guys, We took it to a local  Dodge dealership today. A friend of mine is the service manager there. They would have painted the car for a couple hundred more then what we paid. :brickwall: :brickwall: But the bodyshop guys told us how to get the overspray off, what we could use on the grease and scratches. Rick is gonna work on it sunday, fix the lights , the defrogger wire, put the mud flaps back on and some small stuff. Shelby just has to wax his Dodge Ram Truck. The one guy that works in the body shop at the dealership told us if we can get him the hood and spoiler after hours he'll paint it street rod black for $150. so if Troy doesn't straighten it out we still have some options. ;) But they did tell us it can't be wet sanded cause of the flake in the clear coat. And buffing it is a 50/50 shot of making it look better. But in the brighter side we can make it look some what better but not until after Carlisle. And when we were down there you guys would have loved it. A 69 RR F8 1 owner car , a Little Red Express and a 70 Valient Duster 340 4speed car all sitting in the Dodge Dealership.  :2thumbs:

TUFCAT

Send him a hard copy of your letter (e-mail) via certified mail w/ return receipt in case you have to show a court in the future that you offered to negotiate and he received the letter. I hope it all works out.

Brad

I agree. Your points are reasonable and clear. A copy should also be sent to the BBB.  I was wondering myself when I saw that gas cap door still on the car in one of the earlier pics (while still in primer) :o  - but I hoping for the best (like maybe they would at least cut-in the area before  painting)!  You're on the right track with the letter  ;), its certainly better than getting your brothers and friends involved and crackin' some skulls over there (the TUFCAT way - hee hee ....j/k).  Good luck, and sorry I won't get to see the pink pearl at Carlisle either!!  :cheers:

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 27, 2007, 11:41:32 AM

Send him a hard copy of your letter (e-mail) via certified mail w/ return receipt in case you have to show a court in the future that you offered to negotiate and he received the letter. I hope it all works out.

Brad

I agree. Your points are reasonable and clear. A copy should also be sent to the BBB.  I was wondering myself when I saw that gas cap door still on the car while it was being painted  :o  - but I hoping for the best (like maybe they cut-in the area before  painting!  You're on the right track with the letter  ;), its certainly better than getting your brothers and friends involved and crackin' some skulls over there (the TUFCAT way - hee hee ....j/k).  Good luck, and sorry I won't get to see the pink pearl at Carlisle either!!  :cheers:
The Daytona will be at Carlisle. ;) We talked Shelby into taking it. Most people won't notice some of the stuff cause the color blinds you :icon_smile_cool: Then you can see the problems in person. Besides the cooler won't fit in the trunk of the Chally. :cheers: We are just gonna clean it up really good. Well, Ok Shelby is. LOL  I won't want to crack skulls over it but my brothers are pissed. Shelby is their only niece. And unfortunately Troy lost a lot of business over this job. Both my brothers had jobs for him. My friend I rent my garage from was gonna sent 2 of his friends to him.  :rotz:

TUFCAT

Good decision.....so at least you can still carry MY beers!!! hee hee hee    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:   :lol: :lol: :lol:

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: TUFCAT on June 27, 2007, 12:01:49 PM
Good decision.....so at least you can still carry MY beers!!! hee hee hee    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:   :lol: :lol: :lol:
You need to talk Shelby into going out for Miss Carlisle. She doesn't think anyone would yell for her. She could use the money to fix some of the stuff on the Daytona. :cheers:

TUFCAT

Definately  :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: :yesnod: That's what I was thinking all along, but I wasn't going to ask you about that (just to be poilite) because I didn't know how you felt about it.....but since its only   a bathing suit modeling contest!!- I VOTE A HUGE HELL YES!!!!  She's cute, and very nice, so she should win.

Three Cheers for Shelby!!!   :2thumbs: :2thumbs: :2thumbs:

With all the members on this site going to carlisle and voting   - - its a no brainer!

71ChallengeHer

Shelby said hi." And Tufcat is going to Carlisle ? I can get to meet some of the people on here ? "

TUFCAT

I'll walk up to her and say:  "HI.... I'm Tufcat!" - - WHERE'S MY BEER!!   :icon_smile_tongue:

71ChallengeHer

70charger_boy

You don't want to even know what I would say if I met Jackie and Shelby  ;D

71ChallengeHer

70charger_boy