News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

The Daytona Is Finally Getting Worked On Updated 6-11-07 It's Almost Done

Started by 71ChallengeHer, May 14, 2007, 09:54:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

71ChallengeHer

The wheels were free. They will stay there until Shelby can afford others.

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: kab69440 on May 15, 2007, 12:27:08 AM
Should have said something if you needed parts. If I had half the sheetmetal and assorted other parts for second generation Chargers as I have for G body Daytonas, I would be retired, and very comfortably, I might add...
Thanks I'll PM you if we need anything.

bordin34

It looks like it will be a great looking car, for a girl, when it is done. She's lucky to have two cars so young, my dad says no when I ask him, and he says I will never drive his mustang because of how I drive.

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

71ChallengeHer

More work :icon_smile_big:

71ChallengeHer

a little progress.

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: bordin34 on May 17, 2007, 06:42:48 PM
It looks like it will be a great looking car, for a girl, when it is done. She's lucky to have two cars so young, my dad says no when I ask him, and he says I will never drive his mustang because of how I drive.

Well, I really didn't want to give up the Daytona cause I really like driving it. She wanted something she could take to the car shows with me. And we couldn't find anything that didn't have the crap beaten out of it. So I bought a car from a friend of mine cause I knew it was taken care of. And Shelby inherited the Super Coupe. It's gonna cost a whole lot more to get the Super Coupe show worthy. So we decided to make the Daytona look good. And it's still a Mopar, sorta. :icon_smile_big:

mikepmcs

Jackie,
I gotta ask...what is the black sealer looking stuff they put around the metal patch on the right rear qtr lip.   It almost looks like LORD Fuser Plastic repair???

That car will look sweet when it's done.  Who is doing the work??

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

71ChallengeHer

Quote from: mikepmcs on May 17, 2007, 07:59:03 PM
Jackie,
I gotta ask...what is the black sealer looking stuff they put around the metal patch on the right rear qtr lip.   It almost looks like LORD Fuser Plastic repair???

That car will look sweet when it's done.  Who is doing the work??

v/r
Mike
Mike, I'm not sure. Troy just e-mailed me the pics. But I'll ask him what it is. L & R Auto Body is doing the work. They have done some work on the Chally since I bought it. You should see the Street Rod they are working on. It's Sweet.

mikepmcs

Ok, I'll be waiting anxiously to know.  Keep them pics coming please, i'm really interested to see the final product.  I've always like the mid to late 80's Daytona's and Lasers.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

71ChallengeHer

it's getting there :D

71ChallengeHer

71ChallengeHer

71ChallengeHer

71ChallengeHer

71ChallengeHer

71ChallengeHer

Brock, No stealing pics for the Chicks on Charger Thread.

71ChallengeHer

70charger_boy

mikesbbody

i cant wait to see it finished, i really hope you both get to go to carlisle together looking good!

Brock Samson

No i can respect that...  :angel:
i kinda' liked it in plum though...
What a great Mom!  :yesnod:

68chrgrwife

Quote from: Brock Samson on May 21, 2007, 09:56:52 PM
No i can respect that...  :angel:
i kinda' liked it in plum though...
What a great Mom!  :yesnod:

Pretty sure they are keeping it purple...with black hood?????
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

71ChallengeHer

I like it Plum Crazy but it's Shelby's car now.So it's gonna be Panther Pink.

Brock Samson

69bronzeT5

The Daytona is looking GREAT! :2thumbs: Tell Shelby I say Hi and sorry that I havent talked to her for awhile on myspace.
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic