News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

3rd Gen. guys, what do you think of this Charger?

Started by Chris G., May 14, 2007, 06:41:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris G.

I took this pic back in maybe 1988? I know the hood is sort of overkill, but I kind of like it. I also dig that little front spoiler.

I'm a 2nd gen guy, so tell me what you think and be easy on a guy.  ;)

mikepmcs

:2thumbs: :2thumbs:

I dig it Chris, hood and all.

I'd have no issues being seen in that bad boy all day long.

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Charger1973

They should have left the hood alone, otherwise I like it alot.  Basically looks like a stock rallye other than the hood spoilers and wheels.   :2thumbs:

dukeboy_318

Quote from: mikepmcs on May 14, 2007, 06:44:28 PM
:2thumbs: :2thumbs:

I dig it Chris, hood and all.

I'd have no issues being seen in that bad boy all day long.

v/r
Mike
I like it as well.  I think it looks mean, however I think that depending whats under the hood, the hood itself might be overkill.
1978 Dodge Power Wagon W200 4x4- 408 stroker/4spd
1974 Dodge Dart Swinger. 440 project in the works.

konigcharger

:METAL: i want that hood   :drool5:

Quote from: dukeboy_318 on May 14, 2007, 07:19:58 PM
I like it as well. I think it looks mean, however I think that depending whats under the hood, the hood itself might be overkill.

440 SIX PACK

If you have no vision or creative spirit, you can always fall back on the way the factory did it.

Fitz73Chrgr

I don't like the hood, love the front spoiler though.  Great looking car.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

hutch

In the words of Colonel Sanders,,,   "I'm too drunk,,, to taste this chicken"

fishn4cuda

Being a teenager in the early 80s, I can respect that hood. It's different and no one else has one. Love it!Wheels are cool too.
fishn

RD

do not particulary like the pseudo 73/74 roadrunner bulge hood wannabe creation, only if it was as wide as the RR bulge, then YES!  I would like it alot... but, it is too narrow for my liking.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

mikesbbody

its easy to get use  the look all know and like when it comes to third gens (desired look being the bulge hood) but, if this was factory we would all probably love it. Not my thing, but good or him having something different. I seem to remember a red? 73-74 with a similar look running twin turbos. It was in a mopar mag years ago.

hemihead

Don't like the hood or the wheels but it is clean. Love the color.Same as my kids Rallye.  :icon_smile_cool:
Lots of people talkin' , few of them know
Soul of a woman was created below
  Led Zeppelin

twilt

I think the hood looks okay. Not my style but I still respect it.  That thing has got to be a major obstruction to the drivers vision. 

TruckDriver

Quote from: Charger1973 on May 14, 2007, 06:57:12 PM
They should have left the hood alone, otherwise I like it alot.  Basically looks like a stock rallye other than the hood spoilers and wheels.   :2thumbs:
:iagree:
PETE

My Dad taught me about TIME TRAVEL.
"If you don't straighten up, I'm going to knock you into the middle of next week!" :P

terrible one

I like it. I think that the hood could look better, but it's not so bad. Perhaps if they would have smoothed it out more (especially at the forward where it makes the steep transition) it would look better.

SeattleCharger

I like the stance, the tall tires on back, looks cool

Why would you want anything else?  Just give me a Charger and I'll be happy.

Charger_Croatia

Quote from: Wi. Charger Guy on May 14, 2007, 09:50:20 PM
Quote from: Charger1973 on May 14, 2007, 06:57:12 PM
:iagree:

Second that  :yesnod:
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

41husk

The car looks good, the hood is not my cup of tea, but thats just me.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

Charger74

Quote from: terrible one on May 14, 2007, 10:14:04 PM
I like it. I think that the hood could look better, but it's not so bad. Perhaps if they would have smoothed it out more (especially at the forward where it makes the steep transition) it would look better.
]

Have to agree with this. Otherwise, it's different but looks pretty good.

plum500

I like it, hood and all  :METAL:- I'd throw some hideaways on it though, and go with a yellow/black scheme and body color (yellow) bumpers - but I could certainly live with it as is!

jasonfromIKILLYA

I don't hate the hood, but I don't love it either.  other than that, great car!
"Great souls have always received violent opposition from mediocre minds" - Einstein

CharlieCharger

Needs to pound that dent in on the hood..but other than that ok :icon_smile_big:
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

74Charger

I like the look of it.   Something different.

To each his own.  It definetely will get looked at.  And people will always want to know what is under the hood. :scratchchin:
74' Charger
03' 2500 4x4 CTD

Nacho-RT74

I hate the hood.
great car.
not big deal about front spolier... original option on 71s and fits untill 74. GREAT OPTION BTW I really love that. Shame just on 71s
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

BMOTOXSTAR

I thought chin spoilers came on 73' Rallys?  :scratchchin:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Nacho-RT74

No, juts 71 option, and not even R/Ts as part of equipment as far I can recall right now... can be wrong thought. They were optional, same as wing
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html