News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Fuel & Brake Line Question:

Started by Captain D, March 15, 2009, 11:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Captain D

Hi guys,

In just 2 weeks, we'll be doing the complete brake and fuel line replacements on my 69' Charger. Below is a link to a pre-bent fuel line auction. Even though I've already written to the seller, I always feel comfy checking here as well  ;). Has anyone purchased from this seller before? Is this a "complete" fuel line kit to do the entire Charger?

Also, this auction is for 5/16" - stock car. However, they also sell 3/8" for performance cars. Even though my 383, 4 barrel is pretty much stock, I do have a few added goodies, such as a Holly double-pump carburetor, an Performer RPM intake, an HEI distributor, and K&N air filter. Even though what I have is not a high performance block, should I stick to the 5/16" fuel line?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200318194506&ssPageName=ADME:X:AAQ:MOTORS:1123

All the best,
Aaron

mopar_nut_440_6

I would definitely go for the 3/8 line. The extra volume would not hurt. If running an electric fuel pump I would also not run through the mechanical pump as this can be prone to vapor lock issues due to close proximity to exhaust pipes.

Cheers,

James
1968 Charger R/T 440 
2004 Dodge Ram 2500 680 HP Cummins with attitude

Captain D

Thank you for your reply,

I agree, it would make sense. So, I'll go with the 3/8" line. Thank you again for your response, and if anyone has purchased from this seller before, I'd be interested in hearing your experiences w/ their pre-bent fuel lines. And, does this one piece do the entire car?
All the best,
Aaron

Winged 1

;)
The line will get you from the gas tank up next to the block where you will go to rubber line at that point.
Should not be a problem with it being rolled up. All the bends are off to the side of the rolled part. Just have a nice long clean flat spot to unroll.
Best of luck.
Eric

jaak

I haven't bought any line kits from this seller, but I have bought other things. I highly recommend them... good prices, reasonable/quick shipping, never had a problem with them.

Jason

Corellian Corvette

3/8 for sure. Wish I had done the same. No downside, and if you ever build more HP bigger engine you already have the right line in place.  :cheers:

Captain D

Thank you guys for the replies, it definitely sounds that it is something that I would like to go for. Below is their reply back to my questions. Although it sounds as if their 1-piece pre-bent fuel line is enough to do the Charger, can I get a little more info on this 1/4 line & sending unit that they're talking about that runs from the front to the rear of the car as well?

"Aaron, we'd suggest you get the 3/8 inch fuel lines. We have the main fuel line and sending unit available. The 3/8 sending unit also has a 1/4 inch return line sticking out of it, which is supposed to connect to a 1/4 return line that runs from the front to the back, alongside the main fuel line. We have that 1/4 return line available (same price as the main fuel line), but we don't have an auction for it. If you'd like for us to create an auction for you for the lines you need, we can do so - just let us know which lines you want.
Thank you.
AP @ ADEALS"

"Thank you" again for your guidance!
Aaron

squeakfinder

I bought my 3/8 line from Adeals over the phone using there web site. You might want to ask about an invoice, they drop ship these and I never got a reciept.

http://www.adealsauto.com/

As far as the 1/4" line some people don't use them. But it's supposed to help prevent vapor lock. You will need a fuel filter positioned between fuel pump (mechanical) and carb that has a return line hook up. I think you can get a cheap filter at a parts house, or buy one of those big expensive stock looking ones.
Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

squeakfinder

Oh, and as far as the return line on the sending unit. You can use a short piece of hose with a bolt stuck in it with clamps if you decide to not use the 1/4" return line. Have fun getting that S.O.B installed.

Larry

Still looking for 15x7 Appliance slotted mags.....

Captain D

Just wanted to post one final note to say thank you again for the many responses. I went ahead and bought both the 3/8" fuel line and 3/8" sending unit (minus the 1/4 return line) from this particular seller.
Thanks again!
Aaron