News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Who is HLPAG?

Started by RoscoePColtrain, May 14, 2007, 10:03:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheAutoArchaeologist

Someone call satan?  Something about going to Hell?

While I've never met these guys, I've heard nothing but bad from them.  So stay away, if the member is really who he/she says they are.

Ryan

Shakey

Quote from: Troy on May 14, 2007, 04:31:30 PM
(made famous by a show promoting good and honest values)

:scratchchin:

CharlieCharger

I have no idea how they are even in business still..It's amazing on how many people are so eager to get there dream project..they don't  bother to look at the car..As per a previous post ..if they were charging a fee to come look at the car? and midnight drops should be a total turn off..although if I was "Green" I wouldn't know any better either.
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

ChargerRT440

I think people are starting to get smarter and getting better at asking questions that may be why their yard is getting less and less full of general clones. and more an more diversity for classics. but still it's best to stay away.

73dodge

Two posts and the guys is gone, betcha it was Hans himself logged in from a computer in an internet cafe'. From someplace he was visiting trying to buy a 69 charger that had been submersed in salt water for 20 years so he could dip it in orange paint and slap some stickers on it and create his YEEEEEEEEHHHHHHAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWW ebay ad. For a great father son project ready to go runs and everything for only $19,999.00

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

bordin34

Quote from: bordin34 on May 14, 2007, 02:06:59 PM
This seems like another one of those threads about them when we eventually realize that it probably is them.
Go Away, if you are them, if not stay.
I think I was right

1973 SE Brougham Black 4̶0̶0̶  440 Auto.
1967 Coronet Black 440 Auto
1974 SE Brougham Blue 318 Auto- Sold to a guy in Croatia
1974 Valiant Green 318 Auto - Sold to a guy in Louisiana
Mahwah,NJ

bull

Quote from: Troy on May 14, 2007, 04:31:30 PM
Quote from: bordin34 on May 14, 2007, 02:06:59 PM
This seems like another one of those threads about them when we eventually realize that it probably is them.
Go Away, if you are them, if not stay.
I do have to comment on this... yes, on the old site they would randomly create new user names to promote their business and/or provide "happy customer" testimonials but they were quickly found out. I'm not aware of it happening since the site changed. Please send me a link if they have.

Troy

Maybe they've switched from the phony advertising gimmicks to using the site as market research to find out if they are still maligned and hated?

Ghoste

I doubt very much they care.  I would buy the fact that since they think it's funny to steal from people that they log on to troll us about it, but I seriously doubt they give a hairy rats behind about doing market research on their image.

RoscoePColtrain

To all those that think I am from HLPAG or affiliated with them, I am NOT.   :rotz:

I am just a guy looking for a charger to purchase which I plan to convert into a GL.  I've been to the HLPAG website and seen some of their advertisements and they look tempting, especially from the pics and descriptions (minus the country drall). 

Ghoste

But you've since figured out they are the opposite of all that's good with the Mopar hobby, right?

73dodge

Quote from: RoscoePColtrain on May 18, 2007, 11:12:33 AM
To all those that think I am from HLPAG or affiliated with them, I am NOT.   :rotz:

I am just a guy looking for a charger to purchase which I plan to convert into a GL.  I've been to the HLPAG website and seen some of their advertisements and they look tempting, especially from the pics and descriptions (minus the country drall). 

You have understand our suspicion

They have logged on here in the past under phony names and defended their tactics and even resorting to name calling to the people they have ripped off.

So you show up post 2 messages and then not post again for a while, we are going to suspect you because that is their MOS.

Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms should be a convenience store NOT a government agency!

RoscoePColtrain

I'm actually an electronic engineer living in Toronto, working and going to school at the same time.  Unfortunately I don't have the time to check this great site, where I've learned so much valuable information from the vacuum mechanism that works the headlight door to discovering known problems and the appropriate solutions.  I always had a love affair with the 69 Charger, fooled around with a 69 Chevelle for a few years, then my brother-in-law, who is currently restoring a 70 Cuda from the ground up speciically for the track, brought my love affair back for good.

Yes, I've figured out that HLPAG is a place to get taken advantage of and basically screwed over.

RoscoePColtrain

I do understand everyones suspicions and trust me I feel for the guy that bought the rusted to Hades Charger from them.  Reading his story really pissed me off and made me even more wary.

BB1

Can you change your name? We don't trust Roscoe, him and his little fat buddy are always after them Duke boys.

Delete my profile

70charger_boy

Quote from: BB1 on May 18, 2007, 04:13:31 PM
Can you change your name? We don't trust Roscoe, him and his little fat buddy are always after them Duke boys.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

that's a big 10-4 fat little buddy, roger, over and out

bull

Quote from: Ghoste on May 16, 2007, 07:06:41 PM
I doubt very much they care.  I would buy the fact that since they think it's funny to steal from people that they log on to troll us about it, but I seriously doubt they give a hairy rats behind about doing market research on their image.

I agree. I was joking. ;)

AirborneSilva

Quote from: RoscoePColtrain on May 14, 2007, 10:03:14 AM
How's it going Charger fans,

I am looking for a 1969 Charger.  I've always wanted one since the Dukes of Hazzard came on tv.  I finally have the means to get one or start a partial resto on one but have a few questions: 

Who is HLPAG and what have they done and what are they infamous for???  I've been on their site and they are pretty tempting.  I considered a car from them, but upon further inquiry, it was sold a month later.  I've heard stories of patching up holes with cardboard and bondo'ing over it and noticed the side marker lights are always missing.  Assuming one goes to their garage and inspects the car with intent to purchase is ok, am I missing something here?

Kind Regards

I'm sure that others have already said this but they are the lowest form of life on this planet, STAY AWAY FROM THEM!!!  Here is my thread on how I got screwed by them http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,3692.0.html  here is the web page that I'm building to let the world know what crooks these guys are http://tonysilvajr.com/Charger.aspx http://tonysilvajr.com/Charger2.aspx  I am not done with the web page yet but you will get the idea..  Do yourself a favor and run from them as fast as you can....

AirborneSilva

Quote from: RoscoePColtrain on May 14, 2007, 10:24:59 AM
Holy crap, that charger is rusted to $hit.  Pardon my lunacy, but I'm assuming AirborneSilva physically looked at the car before pruchasing it?

I was living in hawaii at the time and was not able to do both, buy a charger and physically look at it, so I asked another friend to look at the ad, I also called them and asked a couple of questions, like a the good con artists they are I hung up the phone feeling good about doing a deal with them..  Yeah I know, I'm not real bright  :brickwall:

Lowprofile

HLPAG=
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

AirborneSilva

Quote from: JMF on May 14, 2007, 03:52:38 PM
I'm no way siding with HLPAG here but just out of interest do these people who have been screwed by them actually go and look at the car before buying? Because no offence to anyone who has but you have to be stupid to buy a 38 year old car unseen if this is the case

Yeah thanks, it's not always as easy as you make it seem!

Obi-Wan

i have indeed seen one in person, and not on their lot.

i was coming home from work one day.....i live in Collinsville ILL, anywho, i was on 55 south and to my suprise, at the state police weigh station thingy, there was a GL.

I immediatley flipped a "U-wee" and pulled in to see what was going on.

turns out, the delivery driver (who worked striclty for Hans) was there because the trailer had a blowout.  i was nice and gave him a ride to the local uhaul place to get a patch kit for his tire. 

anyway, i got the skinny on the car, some fellow in TN bought it and was having it delivered.  the driver let me go though the car inside and out, cause i wanted to see for myself the shite that these guys produce.

its was a sloppy thrown together 68, GL paint, old stlye hurricanes, open holes for all the markers, couple busted round tail lenses, and total crap bod work.  the rails were on its last leg, im suprised the frame lasted the whole trip.  long story short, complete POS, from the green 70 highbacks, to the mistreated 318, to the tires, EVERYTHING,

this was while the dukes movie was filming.....so the charger hype wasnt "quite" where it stands now (like the movie or not, prices shot through the roof when word of a movie came out)

driver said owner bought it for around 20k.

we need to rename it "HOGG LUEDKE performance auto group"............cause only Boss Hogg could rip people off that bad and still sleep at night

just my humble $0.02

ChargerRT440

I emailed them just for fun about a car and they actually have a good plan of action to sell cars to peope who have read about them heres the speel:
"thanks for getting back to us. i am glad you asked. as you can see there are alot of people out there and we have been in business for years as well! everyone has their right to express their opinion. if you want you are more then welcome to come out and c heck the car for yourself in person. we can do as little or as much as you want on any car as you can see from our main site we have done and are currently doing some very cool projects! i understand completely where you are coming from and i would be doing the same thing. we have foto shoots of our cars w pics of it upside down and inside and out that we email and then from there like i said you are more then welcome to come and check it out before you pick it up or we set up delivery on it."

Good thing I'd rather buy a pos that I know is  pos for cheap and fix it myself instead.

71gtx

Quote from: BB1 on May 18, 2007, 04:13:31 PM

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :icon_smile_big: