News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

intake leak?

Started by 1BAD68, May 20, 2007, 12:46:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1BAD68

After a quick run to the gas station (I take the freeway about 3 miles) and back, I ran my Charger kinda hard, noticed no problems but popped the hood when I parked it in the garage for a quick look like I always do and noticed at the front left of the intake manifold, there were small little oil bubbles (I think they're oil, could be gas) coming out between the intake and head, but just in that one spot. Its a Edelbrock performer aluminum intake. What would that be from?
I checked torque on those bolts about a week ago and they were fine.

firefighter3931

Did you use any sealant on the intake valley pan when it was installed ? From your description it appears to be a leak.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

1BAD68

No its a 318, no valley pan. I checked it about a hour later and there's no oil residue so it must be gas. I understand that it has a leak but why would gas be at that point?

Chryco Psycho

if you have a gas leak find it fast before you have a fire , , I suspect it is oil though , I use a blob of silicone in the corners when installing to make sure the corners seal up