News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Edelbrock heads for a 383

Started by bull, March 06, 2007, 12:38:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bull

Plumcrazy

I put a set of Eddy's on my 360.  They're well worth the money in my opinion.

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

firefighter3931

Quote from: Plumcrazy on March 06, 2007, 09:09:57 PM

:iagree: The Edelbrock rpms are excellent value for the dollar.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Bandit72

i plan on running them on my 470 stroker
Daddy ran whiskey in a big black dodge
bought it at an auction at the masons lodge,
Johnson County Sherriff painted on the side,
just shot a coat of primer then he looked inside,
well him and my uncle tore that engine down,
I still remember that rumblin' sound.....

Lostsheep

Quote from: Plumcrazy on March 06, 2007, 09:09:57 PM

Did you do a before and after dyno on them by chance?

Lostsheep_01

Anyone know how they'd compare to the 440 hp heads (906)? Besides being lighter that is.
69 Charger 383
MoPar.  You're either with us or behind us!

firefighter3931

Quote from: Lostsheep_01 on April 12, 2007, 07:26:43 AM
Anyone know how they'd compare to the 440 hp heads (906)? Besides being lighter that is.

On the right combination there could be as much as a 100hp difference.  :yesnod:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Lostsheep_01

Thanks, Ron.  Any combo ideas you'd like to share?  I don't want to stroke a 383 but I'd like to know what would go with those heads for pump gas daily use.  Any help would be much appreciated.
69 Charger 383

firefighter3931

Lostsheep,

Just the basics : 10.0-10.5:1 compression with a closed chamber 84cc E-head, performer rpm high rise dual plane, 750cfm double pumper carb, 13/4in headers/2.5in exhaust and a cam matched to the stall speed and rear end gearing. If the car has power brakes that is also a consideration.  ;)

Ron

Challenger340

Only wimps wear Bowties !

Lostsheep_01

69 Charger 383

Mike DC

Right out of the box, the Eddy RPM heads are said to add 50 hp to a typical mild 440 with no drawbacks.
I've read that in at least one test, and heard numerous people saying things to that effect after buying them. 

In terms of weight, aluminum heads will knock about 50 pounds off the motor.  (Even more weight loss is do-able.  If you switch to aluminum for the cylinder heads, intake manifold, water pump/housing, and run headers . . . it all adds up to about 100 pounds less than a factory stock big block motor.  Basically gets it down to the weight of a stock smallblock.)

myrtle

"Sold Individually" so these are about the same price as the 44o heads...
THE REAL FAST AND THE REAL FURIOUS