News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

All-Chrysler Nationals 2007 - The Official Carlisle Thread

Started by Mopar440+6, May 12, 2007, 08:49:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

THE COLONEL

Do they park each club together, or can you kind of park where you want, and with who you want.  I have some friends with General Lee's that will be going also, and would like to park The Colonel with them, but hang out with everyone from here too.
"THE COLONEL....DIFFERENT RANK...SAME ATTITUDE"

Troy

Quote from: THE COLONEL on May 25, 2007, 09:08:28 AM
Do they park each club together, or can you kind of park where you want, and with who you want.  I have some friends with General Lee's that will be going also, and would like to park The Colonel with them, but hang out with everyone from here too.
You should be OK. Last year on Saturday they were real sticklers about where you parked BUT, since they mainly made people move to their own class you'll be fine along with a bunch of '69 Chargers (and you'll likely be right near our tent any way). Now, if you had a mid-80s car you're out of luck - unless they put out tent out in the middle of nowhere.

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Just 6T9 CHGR

Yep, 69 Chargers have their own class :thumbs:
last year there was about 20-25 of us in all different flavors :cheers:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mopar440+6

OK it's update time! ;D

I talked to my "contact" (the show coordinator for those of you who don't know what I'm talking about) on Thursday night. Until last weekend he was really tied up with working on the Import/Kit Car show. He had not had a chance to look at the show field layout as of Thursday. He asked where we would like the tent and I told him as close to the B-body section as possible. He said he would attempt to put the tent as close as possible to the 68-69 Chargers. HOWEVER, we all need to understand that he spends the ENTIRE WORKING YEAR putting together 2 shows and he cannot perform miracles. Thats a LOT of work! As he said "the show field layout comes first, then the tents go where they will fit." So, if we get there and the tent isn't exactly where you guys want it I don't want to hear any whining. :slap: At least we know for sure we have a tent this year! :2thumbs: We all need to thank our fearless leader, Troy, for that! :cheers: Hopefully we can make the 25 car minimum and get Troy his refund.

Other than that, the things I have been hearing about this years show are extremely good. The wing car reunion and the convertible collection should be really cool. They are working to have the largest gathering of wing cars and convertibles ever. This should be an AWESOME show! Thats all for now...
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

Mopar440+6

On a separate note, I would like to throw some info out about our car club show. For those of you that are planning on arriving to Carlisle on Thursday and need something to do Thursday night you had better be there!

Last year I joined a local car club called Mopar Rebellion. All of us are die-hard Mopar owners. For the last 8 years Mopar Rebellion has organized the Kick-Off to Carlisle Car Show on the Thursday night before the All Chrysler Nationals. Last year's show was awesome. We usually have between 150-175 cars show up throughout the evening. There will be a DJ, door prizes, raffle items and best of all FOOD! I guarantee it will be the cheapest you can eat all weekend. This show is not judged, it is simply about hanging out with other Mopar owners. The show will be held at the Residence Inn in Carlisle on July 5th. Registration starts at 4pm. Visit our website, www.moparrebellion.com for more info. I'll be the young guy telling you where to park so say hi. PM me if you've got questions. I hope a bunch of you guys will come out to the show! 
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

Just 6T9 CHGR

Is this the same show thats usually at the Chrysler/Jeep dealer on Rt 11?

Has it moved?

PS---any chance you can find out who is parked on the "hill" this year?
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Mopar440+6

Yes it is the show that is usually at CCJ. Last year we had serious space issues at the dealership and we were invited to use the Residence Inn, so the decision was made to move the show. The Residence is about 1-2 miles north of the dealership on Rt. 11 on the opposite side...

BMOTOXSTAR

That sounds great. Thanks for givin' the nizzy on the night before Mopar show. My birthday is the 5th! 33 I will be. :yesnod:
I hope that my 73' Rally Charger is ready for the trip, if not I will have to drive the 74' Satellite. :rotz:
I have never been to Carisle in all of my 12 years that I have been into Mopars. This sounds like it will be a great time.
Is there a web link that I can register on?
Sounds like all you guys wanna' be with the 2nd gens, what if you have a 3rd gen? Would I be outta' luck on tent?  :shruggy:
Maybe it wiould be easier to get the tent by the 3rd gens?   :scratchchin:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

Troy

Usually (in my vast two years of experience) the third gens are one row over so depending on how many cars show up and where they put the tent we could end up splitting it. Who knows, we may end up in the back corner somewhere. You don't *have* to stay with your car you know - mine will be parked over in the e-body section somewhere... :P

Troy

BMOTOXSTAR

Right on Troy.
It is not like I will be siting in front of my Charger in a lawn chair all day. :yesnod:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

NHCharger

Quote from: BMOTOXSTAR on May 29, 2007, 10:06:55 PM
Sounds like all you guys wanna' be with the 2nd gens, what if you have a 3rd gen? Would I be outta' luck on tent?  :shruggy:
Maybe it wiould be easier to get the tent by the 3rd gens?   :scratchchin:

As you can see in the first pic the 3rd gens are well represented. This row is the stock 71-74 Charger section. There was another row behind us just as long for the 71-74 modified.

This second pic is a row that will scare the daylights out of any young children. :D
To register on line go to www.carsatcarlisle.com
72 Charger- Base Model
68 Charger-R/T Clone
69 Charger Daytona clone
79 Lil Red Express - future money pit
88 Ramcharger 4x4- current money pit
55 Dodge Royal 2 door - wife's money pit
2014 RAM 2500HD Diesel

andy74

that was a good pic NH,i hid my beer behind you so when the wife saw it wouldnt look like we drank ALL day!

bsakal

- Yes I'm coming, I'm driving my buddy's Charger up on friday, he's coming saturday
- My buddy is registering his '68 Charger (the one I'm bringing)
- club affiliation will be DodgeCharger.com
69 Charger SE - 66 Chrysler Newport 383

AKcharger

Anyone staying at the Hotel Carlisle?

...We're going to leave the '70 at the show and just drive/carpool everday

sunroofsuperbird

Registered the sunroof superbird today and Dodgecharger.com as the club. Now I just hope its close to done.
Some of My Mopars
69 Charger R/T 4x4
71 Challenger R/T stationwagon
70 Sunroof superbird clone
70 Superbird conv
69 Daytona 4X4 clone
68 GTX conv
71 Challenger conv pace car
70 Swinger Conv
2 78 Aspen Super Coupes
78 Aspen Super Coupe Sedan Delivery
80 Aspen Load Runner wagon
67 Fury 6 door limo wagon
76 Aspen R/T sunroof
38 dodge street rod
40 Dodge Tk street rod
and many more projects

gtx6970

Quote from: NHCharger on May 30, 2007, 08:23:35 PM

This second pic is a row that will scare the daylights out of any young children. :D
To register on line go to www.carsatcarlisle.com

Considering the mottly looking pair on the right side end, I would tend to agree. And they even use the same first name :pity:

:nana:

Just 6T9 CHGR

Quote from: gtx6970 on June 07, 2007, 07:08:01 PM

Considering the mottly looking pair on the right side end, I would tend to agree. And they even use the same first name :pity:

:nana:

Ouch! :icon_smile_blackeye:

You need to step away from your booth so we can get you in the group shot!   :pity:
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

4cruzin

Gonna be great!!  I'll be there  . . . but I don't have a charger.   :'(
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

AKcharger

I'm all excited..I havent seen my car in a year and a half, will be nice to break it out of storage and drive it again..if you look hard you can see my bumper
  :drive:

(Car in PA storage in Feb '06, went to Korea, now in Alaska)

4cruzin

Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on June 08, 2007, 05:34:23 AM
You need to step away from your booth so we can get you in the group shot!   :pity:

Is there a time and day of the group shot??  Like to try and make this one.   :yesnod:
Tomorrow is promised to NOBODY . . . .

Troy

Quote from: 4cruzin on June 08, 2007, 10:31:41 PM
Quote from: Just 6T9_CHGR.... on June 08, 2007, 05:34:23 AM

Is there a time and day of the group shot??  Like to try and make this one.   :yesnod:
It's been around noon on Saturday the last two years. I don't think we'd be on a hit list if we stole you away from the grill at the Cuda-Challenger.com tent... :D

Seriously though, there's been a bit of talk about a time change so that more people have the opportunity to meet up. We have several members tied to swap meet spaces and Saturday at noon is the worst time for them to get away. Perhaps a bit later? I'm not sure if the tent will be a help or hindrance in getting people together at the same time.

Troy

Charger1973

One of these days, when my car is finally finished, I will make it to this show.  I'll drive it all the way there too.   :D

AmadeusCharger500

I go to this show every year for the past 10. I have been on this board for at least 4. I think I have only met one other board member at the show. I tried putting a sign in the dash saying Charger.Com member and got no hits.

I would like know if registering with group means parking in a different spot than usual. Althoug I guess not since I can see my car way down the line in that pic of 3rd gens.

I really like parking there.

BMOTOXSTAR

Is Friday a good day for the show or is Saturday better?
I was going to go on the 5th, hit the pre-car show that, that  Mopar club puts on, then goon Friday.
It is a 6hr drive for me so I have to plan well. :yesnod:
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

71ChallengeHer

Friday is more laid back and the drags are Friday night. But you'll see a lot more cars on Sat. Plus the bikini contest and burnout contest are Sat night :D