News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

How close can exhaust be to a fuel line?

Started by RECHRGD, May 12, 2007, 08:39:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RECHRGD

When having my new exhaust installed, I had them increase the size from 2 1/8" to 2 1/2" from the mufflers back to the tailpipes.  Where the pipe goes up and around the rear end it comes very close to the fuel and return lines on the right side.  The old pipes were close also, to the point I had them wrapped with a foil backed heat insulation (still there), but I can't even get my little finger between the new pipe and the lines.  Is this a fire hazard?  I think I'm fine going down the road but am worried about idling in traffic on a hot day.  Is there some kind of new space age material that can be wedged between them to put my mind at ease?  Thanks, Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Runner

hi bob, i think you probably wont have a problems sence its towards the back of e car and the exhaust is cooling down by then,  but i would wrap the pipe with some header wrap in that area   id rather be safe than sorry.

http://www.thermotec.com/products/full/11001/11001.html

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

RECHRGD

Thanks Mike.  Haven't seen you in awhile!  Hope we run into eachother this season.   Bob
13.53 @ 105.32

Runner

ya its been a while bob.   i acually expected to see you at the palouse show last year but didnt.  i even went to the mopar show out in airway heights last year and didint see ya there either.   boy that was a pretty crappy show.   i did get to have a chuckle at some guy that owns a 67 ish charger with a hemi, i believe it was black.  boy was he full of himself.  my wife took a picture of his car and he asked her if she wanted a picture of her with the car  lol.   im headed to the track up there today,  sure hope the weather holds!.   im sure ill run into ya this year.      glad to hear the gear vedors is working out for ya. ive always wanted one.

71 roadrunner 452 e heads  11.35@119 mph owned sence 1984
72 panther pink satellite sebring plus 383 727
68 satellite 383 4 speed  13.80 @ 102 mph  my daily driver
69 superbee clone 440    daughters car
72 dodge dart swinger slant six

Chryco Psycho

you should be fine at the rear of the system with insulation over the line I do nnot see a problem , touching could cause vapor lock