News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Install a tic toc tach

Started by chargerguy111, May 30, 2007, 05:02:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargerguy111

I have a 1968 Charger R/T that has the double faced clock.How hard would it be to replace it with a tic toc tach?Would the tach fit in the clock's place with no trouble?Thanks!

Ghoste

It fits exactly.  You will have to likely add the wiring for the tach but it's a fairly easy chore.

chargerguy111

Rolling_Thunder

the harness is only two wires...     the dash harness has an existing wire for the clock...       the new harness is merely a grey wire that does through the firewall (drill a hole in factory location) to the (-) tach side...        the other wire is blue and goes to the fuse block to pull acc 12V
1968 Dodge Charger - 6.1L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.55 Sure Grip

2013 Dodge Challenger R/T - 5.7L Hemi / 6-speed / 3.73 Limited Slip

1964 Dodge Polara 500 - 440 / 4-speed / 3.91 Sure Grip

1973 Dodge Challenger Rallye - 340 / A-518 / 3.23 Sure Grip

69XP383

Hey guys,

On the subject of the tic-toc-tac...

The one I have for my 69 has a broken stem that allows you to change the time. Is there a way to replace the stem/dial without having to replace the entire assembly? The stem/dial is broken off at the point where it meets the plastic gauge cover.