News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

DSAC Drive the Mile Photos & Picnic - May 6th

Started by Aero426, May 10, 2007, 10:24:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aero426

Here are some pics from our "Drive the Mile" event at the Milwaukee Mile Speedway, and club picnic afterward. The Mile is the oldest racetrack in continuous operation in the United States -since 1903.  We had a SUPER turnout with 14 local cars from the club plus the vintage race cars. 

Ron & Darlene Holtdorf - 6 pack 4-speed, original paint car.

Roy & Diane Lange, 6 pack Superbird, 18k original miles.

Mike Borkowski - 6 pack, 4-speed, original owner, original paint, 27k miles - WOW!   Mike let his son in law John drive the car today.   That was the first time anyone other than Mike has sat behind the wheel of the car in 37 years.

Aero426

Steve Powers - Cale Yarborough Special

Dave Moots - Cale Yarborough Special

Jim & Melanie Plimpton - Torino Talladega,  428CJ - all business and FIERCE sounding.

Aero426

Brian Horst - Lemon Twist, 4-spd, owned almost 30 years.

Dave Poppe - B5 blue white bench, automatic

We have a local vintage racing series that has replicas of old stock cars.  This car started out as a street based Charger and they run them on the track.  Yes, that is home made nose. 

This "Talladega" race replica  has a home made front clip.  Not bad looking, I say.

Aero426

Randy Knipfer - 6 pack, 4-speed, white buckets

Mike Totero - 70 GTX, 440, auto

Jim & Kathy Wurstur, Petty Blue, 440 4-bbl, auto

Bring out the big guns - Lyle's Hemi 4-speed Superbird, Limelight - YOWSAH!!!

Doug Schellinger, 440 4-speed Daytona

hemigeno

Looks like you guys had a great time!  Wish I could have made it, but it just wasn't going to happen.

Thanks for posting the pics, Doug!

69_500

Hey it appears that all the aero cars showed up but 500's. Whats the deal. :)

Guess I should have drug mine out, and made the trip up. But it was my bday that weekend, so I stayed home.

Aero426

Quote from: 69_500 on May 11, 2007, 06:15:18 PM
Hey it appears that all the aero cars showed up but 500's. Whats the deal. :)

Guess I should have drug mine out, and made the trip up. But it was my bday that weekend, so I stayed home.
Yep, all we were missing to complete the set was a 500.   You'll just have to make it up in August.   :yesnod:

hemi68charger

Wow !!!!  That's a cool scene Doug......  Thanks for sharing............

Troy in Iraq
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection

Ghoste

Great pics Doug and I like the wheels on Mike Borkowski's Superbird.  Bet something like that would look good on a Daytona too, don't you think?  :icon_smile_wink:

WINGR

:icon_smile_cool:
Hey Doug, looks like alot of fun. I really wish I could have been there also. I'm still trying to see if there is any way I can make it there in August, I'm sure it will be awesome. All those car looked great. You wouldn't happen to know how to put me in touch with the guy who owns the #6 clone Daytona, I would like to talk to him about the decals on his car.

Thanks and Take care,

WINGR/STEVE

CharlieCharger

Those are interesting pictures..All that history  :yesnod:
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

69_500

I'm trying my best to leave that weekend in August free. My wife keeps trying to plan a getaway to gatlinburg around that time. I"m holding firm so far.

Aero426

Quote from: WINGR on May 14, 2007, 11:27:39 AM
Hey Doug, looks like alot of fun. I really wish I could have been there also. I'm still trying to see if there is any way I can make it there in August, I'm sure it will be awesome. All those car looked great. You wouldn't happen to know how to put me in touch with the guy who owns the #6 clone Daytona, I would like to talk to him about the decals on his car.

Thanks and Take care,

WINGR/STEVE

Steve I don't know the guy with the #6, but will keep an eye out for him. 

WINGR

Thanks anyway Doug, its not a big deal. By the way your Daytona looks great in those pictures. Hope to see you at least at one of the shows this year.

WINGR/STEVE

tan top

:popcrn:  good pictures Doug , thanks for posting   :2thumbs:
Feel free to post any relevant picture you think we all might like to see in the threads below!

Charger Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,86777.0.html
Chargers in the background where you least expect them 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,97261.0.html
C500 & Daytonas & Superbirds
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,95432.0.html
Interesting pictures & Stuff 
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,109484.925.html
Old Dodge dealer photos wanted
 http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,120850.0.html

70charger_boy

wow!! A couple million dollars worth of cars in those pics.  They look priceless to me....

Aero426

Quote from: 70charger_boy on June 05, 2007, 11:23:51 AM
wow!! A couple million dollars worth of cars in those pics.  They look priceless to me....

The truth is that it's nice to know your car is worth something.  But to most of us in those photos, it is not at all about the cash.   A lot of those folks in the pics bought those cars a long, long time ago. 

70charger_boy

Quote from: DougSchellinger on June 05, 2007, 12:08:50 PM
Quote from: 70charger_boy on June 05, 2007, 11:23:51 AM

The truth is that it's nice to know your car is worth something.  But to most of us in those photos, it is not at all about the cash.   A lot of those folks in the pics bought those cars a long, long time ago. 

Yerah, I know.  it seems that everytime I talk to someone who is lucky enough to own a bird or Daytona has had it since next to new.  I just wish I could own one.

DoubleDlover

Hey doug..... whats the latest word on AB&E on those superbird rear window moldings???

Aero426

Nothing I have heard yet beyond the "We're thinking about it" stage.