News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

i hates those varments

Started by rt green, May 08, 2007, 08:20:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rt green

man i hate rodents. i mean i really hates those varmants. pulled out the air vent box and had a suprise. and its not even my birthday. what are they trying to build? a couch?
third string oil changer

dodgecharger-fan

ewww. I hope that's not from the seats....

moparguy01

that looks like seat cotton. what they used for padding. Oh well. Next time you park the car put BOUNCE dryer sheets all over it, under seats and all that stuff. then change them once a month or every 2 months. it seems to keep the rodents out of my cars. smells alot better than moth balls too!

tommymac

some LITTLE mice got into my hood under the latch bump and stuffed it with that stuff and maple seedlings,boy what a pain to get that out ,with tweezers,vacume and a small hook!!!! BITCH>

Charger-Bodie

looks like the insulation from above the headliner and glued to the underside of the cowl behind the dash
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

rt green

this stuff wasn't fresh. the plates on the car are from '86. this probably explains why it had a back seat from a satellite . putting on charger covers though.
third string oil changer

whitehatspecial

Check under your center console (if you have one). Mine was packed solid in the front section. Irish Spring soap bars work well to keep them out. I cut the bars in half and put them under the seats.
Cars owned:
1968 Dodge Charger, 48k orig. miles, family owned since new.
Not a Hemi, a mini-hemi 340.

FastbackJon

I did the whole irish spring soap bar thing under the front seats of the Barracuda. 1/2 bar under each side. Still parked it over the winter and found droppings on the carpet this spring. Now I'm not sure I want to reach my hand under the seats to grab the bars out!
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

Khyron

look at it as the glass is half full...

now you have free woolly seat covers  :icon_smile_big:

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

UFO

When I pulled the heater assembly out of mine,they had packed the blower fan section full.Was a excellent housing assembly no cracks,no pcs broken off but could not get the stink out of it.

rt green

Quote from: Khyron on May 08, 2007, 09:53:27 PM
look at it as the glass is half full...

now you have free woolly seat covers  :icon_smile_big:
[/quote
ha! that was funny. never thought of that
third string oil changer

terrible one

They ate up the top of my back seat and made nests in my headliner and glovebox.  :rotz:

Silver R/T

http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

ck1

beer is about the best mouse catcher too..........buy some cheap beer and put it in a pan or bucket etc. deep enough for a mouse to drown in.......4 or 6 inches at least...........and make it easy for them to drop into...........i had a mouse problem in my bedroom and placed a cheap 40oz with towels wrapped around it in my closet so mice could climb and get into easily and I caught about eight to ten mice in it in about a month......they can't resist beer...........they drowned themself in it..........
CJK

This is in the 38 Buick when we first brought it home.  Some of the crap has been removed already.  It took 3 trash bags and 2 30 gallon garbage cans to get rid of MOST of it.  The car is at the body shop now and after all the work we've done to it we're still knocking mouse crap out of some of the cracks.

When I was cleaning the trunk I found one of the little buggers trying to escape.  I got him with the powerwasher and cut him in half.  :D
When I was just a very young lad I looked up and told my dad, a bareback rider's what I wanna be.  I want the whole world to know about me.  In the rodeo arena I'll make my stand.  I wanna be a rodeo man.  I'll come flyin' from the chute with my spurs up high, chaps and boots reachin' for the sky.  Spurin' wild with my head throwed back, you'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.  You'll ask 'Who's that,' well that's Bareback Jack.

41husk

I use the sticky glue traps, when I store my car I put one in each floor board, this is the first year i did not have any on a trap.  My son moved back from college and droped off his two cats.  I like seeing the little buggers with their face stuck to the glue.  I'm kinda sick that way!
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

ChargerSG

Looking for 383 Magnum #0B196875 and 0B115166

Chatt69chgr

Mice seem to like that area of the heater box.  I saw several at the junkyard like that and they even chewed down the blades on the blower fan impeller.  I did notice that you can still buy that piece.  You might check yours to make sure they havn't messed it up.  I don't have any idea how to keep them out but some Decon might be a good way as long as none of your family's pets or your kids could get access to the stuff. 

FastbackJon

Quote from: 41husk on May 09, 2007, 07:10:41 AM
I use the sticky glue traps, when I store my car I put one in each floor board, this is the first year i did not have any on a trap.  My son moved back from college and droped off his two cats.  I like seeing the little buggers with their face stuck to the glue.  I'm kinda sick that way!

That actually seems like the perfect idea. The stuff to keep them away doesn't seem to work. The decon will kill them but you never will know where they died or how many you have killed. The snap traps are messy for inside the car.

Good thinking...
"This was the dedication of the altar, in the day when it was anointed, by the princes of Israel: twelve chargers of silver, twelve silver bowls, twelve spoons of gold..." -- Numbers 7:84 KJV

HITMAN 149

Quote from: ck1 on May 08, 2007, 11:51:09 PM
beer is about the best mouse catcher too..........buy some cheap beer and put it in a pan or bucket etc. deep enough for a mouse to drown in.......4 or 6 inches at least...........and make it easy for them to drop into...........i had a mouse problem in my bedroom and placed a cheap 40oz with towels wrapped around it in my closet so mice could climb and get into easily and I caught about eight to ten mice in it in about a month......they can't resist beer...........they drowned themself in it..........

funny I have a couple of friends like that!!!!!!!! LOL
yea lil bastards got into my headliner...right above the sunvisors (before i had the car though)
68 Charger R/T, SOLD =/ sniffle sniffle
01 BMW 740i SPORT  
01 Hot Rod Harley Dresser, SOLD =/ =/

CharlieCharger

Quote from: ck1 on May 08, 2007, 11:51:09 PM

Drink it afterwards  :D
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

Paul 500

I've posted this pic before but i had to again. My friend was putting a new sill on a 4-speed Hemi Daytona and found a mummified rat inside, the rust in the sill was caused by its piss.
68 Charger R/T
69 Charger 500

CharlieCharger

Now that is an interesting picture...I guess it got stuck in there.
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

IowaCharger69

little bastard deserved to die :icon_smile_evil: