News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

new engine questions

Started by charger01, May 09, 2007, 12:15:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

charger01

My 440 has about an hour run time on it.  No real drive time.  Any suggestions what I shoud do to it next.  Change oil?  Should the plugs foul out quickly on a new engine in the process of adjusting carb and distributor? 

Hemidog

charger01

I read that and is good info, but should the plugs foul out shortly after a break in?  also will a low battery contribute to a rough idling engine?  I have heard it will, but dont see how?

Big Lebowski

If the alt. is working, the engine wouldn't care. I'd check for vacumn leaks. & Plugs get fouled on a cold engine with too much gas. Rev it up with new plugs.
"Let me explain something to you, um i am not Mr. Lebowski, you're Mr. Lebowski. I'm the dude, so that's what you call me. That or his dudeness, or duder, or you know, el duderino if you're not into the whole brevity thing."

Chryco Psycho

staring it cold & running it for a short time can foul the plugs quickly