News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Why Do You Love Your Charger/s?..

Started by Brock Samson, May 07, 2007, 11:32:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Plumcrazy

Quote from: 19Charger68 on May 07, 2007, 04:13:19 PM
Why?  Because in my opinion the 68 Charger is the most beautiful car ever designed, but the main reason is that all my old age just melts away with every mile and I am 21 years old all over again for a little while.

I have to disagree with the first half of your statement  ;D  but the rest of it is sure true.   :2thumbs:

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

19Charger68

Plumcrazy:  I kind of figured I would get some static over the 68 statement.  Maybe I should have said all 2nd generation Chargers, but you know, since I own a 68-----
Bruce

Wheels of Terror

I love my Charger because it is different.  It proves that you can't judge a book by it's cover. Ii is a rarer third gen,Spring Special/ClebrityRroof/FULL vinyl top. It looks like hell (not to me) , and runs real strong. My husband thinks I  should sell it.  My mother- in- law is pissed that I bought it.  I think that the Charger looks mean. Especially in a rear view mirror. My Charger has tought me not to care about what others think because what they say isn't always accurate.
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
1982 KARR Knight Rider Replica
2009 Dodge Avenger
Looking for another Third Gen Charger

Wheels of Terror

1999 Pontiac Trans Am
1982 KARR Knight Rider Replica
2009 Dodge Avenger
Looking for another Third Gen Charger

K9COP

Ok Brock, I love her because she is older than me. I tend to apply the 'iconic' filter to the cars I buy (R32 Skyline GTR, Dalta Integrale, Mini, Jeep, Volvo850 T5r wagon in yellow) and  now my drean for so long, a 68 Charger. If I'm honest, the inspiration came from Blade, but I've always loved them.

I saw your cop comment, I have to confess, I'm a cop, and I'm not above pulling over a petrol head, and complimenting him or her on their ride... if they'll oblige with a smokey get away, they're sure to get away scot free. I try to be a nice cop, there's enough dicks out there already!
I'd rather push a Charger than drive a Mustang.. which is lucky..

My cars:
'69/70 Charger 440
'03 Range Rover
'05 Audi A8R
'93 Lotus Omega (SOLD)
'97 Jag U Are XK8 (For Sale)
'68 Charger 318 (for sale)
'74ish Charger 400Magnum (sold)
'89 Nissan Skyline GTR (sold)
'92 Jeep Cherokee 9" lift (sold)
95 Crown Victoria Police K9 unit work car! (in the great impound lot in the sky..)

Brock Samson

Mike:
If I may be so bold...
a quote from you from your Bullrun thread...

"I just went out to my garage and sat in the Charger to make my youtube blog video that I do at the end of every show and honestly, I really do love that car. It's big, brash in your face while at the same time it's the sexiest thing to ever roll off an assembly line. I feel priviledged to own it and it still gives me a thrill everytime the garage door goes up. I honestly hope that if anyone has one that they are restoring, or maybe have just left it sitting due to frustration I would ask that you should PLEASE keep these cars on the road, they are true pieces of American History and put smiles on the faces of EVERYONE who sees them."

Mike speaking about his Mr. Angry...

70charger_boy

Rate This Thread:

Did you find this topic usefull:

Report to moderator:

dd44068

What can i say that has not already been said I am not that old so I cant say that it makes me feel 21 again but every time I am in it or thinking about it takes me to my very own special place its the only car I own without a radio that I can cruise in for hours just to listen to the motor hum ;D besides its the only thing that my wife is worried about me cheating on her with. :yesnod:

6pkrunner

While I have always loved every hi-po Mopar from 1968-1970 (later I aquired the taste for the 1966-67 and the 1971s) the second generation Charger fondness I have had since 1968 can de summed up in two words - Dick Landy. To see the silver/blue/red combos running on Cragar S/S was pure nirvana to me. It never matter whether he won or lost any particular race, just the look of his cars was awesome to me.

Add to that the rush of a 426 or 440+6 wailing through a 4 speed, or even a 440 4 barrel/383/340 at full tilt and its pure lust.

charger0740

I love mine because I am only 17 I am one of the only people around with a 3rd gen charger and the only one my age with any older mopar besides a 78 volare in my highschool parking lot....it feels great to get looks everywhere I go :coolgleamA:

Charger_Croatia

Who needs any specific reason to love Charger? I love her because it's a Charger - simple as that! Oh, and a fact that my car is the only Charger in my country makes a big smile on my face. :icon_smile_big:
'73 Charger with 400 (under restore)
2018 Infiniti Q50 Hybrid AWD Blue Sport

CB

QuoteI love mine because every time I make progress on it, something else happens and I take two steps back.

Yes I know that horror story  :icon_smile_dissapprove:

Besides that she looks mean :D

1968 Dodge Coronet 500

Brock Samson

69bronzeT5

Thought I responded to this thread....guess I didnt.

Why do I love my Charger???? Because its MINE! :2thumbs:
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

RD

because i was born in 72, it was made in 72 and I grew up in it.  I still remember taking rides in it across coronado bridge in San Diego to see my dad working a the shipyards, Southwest Marine to be exact, not sure if they are still there.
67 Plymouth Barracuda, 69 Plymouth Barracuda, 73 Charger SE, 75 D100, 80 Sno-Commander

41husk

I would have to say I love mine for the looks,  sometimes I go ot in the garage and just look at them.  Then the way I feel driving it, it's so liberating, its kinda hard to explain.  My wife said she needs something that makes her feel like my cars make me feel.  I told her I think a wing car would do it for her :2thumbs:
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

moparstuart

Quote from: 41husk on October 30, 2007, 10:50:07 AM
I would have to say I love mine for the looks,  sometimes I go ot in the garage and just look at them.  Then the way I feel driving it, it's so liberating, its kinda hard to explain.  My wife said she needs something that makes her feel like my cars make me feel.  I told her I think a wing car would do it for her :2thumbs:
keep at her with that     (wing cars rule)
GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

Nacho-RT74

is like a hot woman... big "butt" and large "front clip"  :D
Venezuelan RT 74 400 4bbl, 727, 8.75 3.23 open. Now stroked with 440 crank and 3.55 SG. Here is the History and how is actually: http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,7603.0/all.html
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,25060.0.html

Lowprofile

Because even though I have had her in my life for 12 years now, she never nags me when I don't pay attention to her.  :D
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

moparstuart

Quote from: Lowprofile on October 30, 2007, 12:51:24 PM
Because even though I have had her in my life for 12 years now, she never nags me when I don't pay attention to her.  :D
mine sure act up alot when i dont pay attention to them

GO SELL CRAZY SOMEWHERE ELSE WE ARE ALL STOCKED UP HERE

70charginglizard

I love my charger because no matter how bad I feel, no matter how terrible of a day I'm having, no matter how big of an A__ hole my boss has been to be throughout the day. It only takes a 10-15 minute drive around the block to put a great big smile back on my face and bring me back to my normal happy self. :D

70charginglizard

BMOTOXSTAR

Quote from: 70charginglizard on October 30, 2007, 08:49:03 PM
I love my charger because no matter how bad I feel, no matter how terrible of a day I'm having, no matter how big of an A__ hole my boss has been to be throughout the day. It only takes a 10-15 minute drive around the block to put a great big smile back on my face and bring me back to my normal happy self. :D

:iagree: :iagree: :iagree:
73' Dodge Rallye Charger 400/4BBL
06' Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4X4 HEMI
15' Dodge Dart 2.7 SXT

skyhawk61

Dr. Who has his TARDIS (time machine) I have mine-- a 1970 Charger R/T that can instantly transport me back to a time when my life seemed to be a lot simpler. To a time when I was 22 and the Beatles and the Stones were mainstream radio; when musclecars of all makes stalked the streets, and when life was all about "possibilities",free of the limitations that adulthood and age would bring. And, as some of you have already said, you get the silliest grin on your face when you cruise Main Street in a vintage Charger and watch the reaction of the drivers you meet whose cars are shaped like jelly beans.

Musicman

I enjoy the fact that my car is absolutly different from the rest of the crowd on the road.  :coolgleamA:

I like knowing that I am the only guy on the road with a 67 in my area.  :D

I enjoy the fact that my car always gets a smile and a wave of approval from other drivers.  :2thumbs:

I like knowing that when I step on the gas I'm going somewhere... Really Fast  :drive:

I enjoy the sence of Freedom, Independance, and Individuality that comes with driving a classic piece of American Muscle Car History.

What can I say... It makes me feel incredibly alive, and thankful to be so...

Mike