News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Vacuum advance removal?

Started by chargermick, May 12, 2007, 04:02:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chargermick

I have a Moper Pref. dist. and it appears that the VAX advance has gone bad. (in only 3 years) It doesn't hold vacuum when I pump it up with a hand held VAX. pump. And, it doesn't appear to move anything in the dist. I'm trying to remove VAX. advance unit, but it seems Like I need to disassemble the dist. to get it out. This just doesn't seem right, does anybody know the correct procedure for removing it? Also, I called a Dodge dealer to order a new advance, and they told me that they don't sell VAX. advances for Mp dist. Where else can I get one? Thanks.

Ghoste

I thought for sure that had come uphere before but I turned up nothing in a quick search.  I would have sworn there were aftermarket part numbers posted at one time.  Sorry man.

Plumcrazy

It's not a midlife crisis, it's my second adolescence.

Chryco Psycho

there si a allen scrw inside the vacuum nipple on the advance unit possibly iit is turned all the way out preventing advance , generally I do not hook up the vacuum advance anyway , the engine will generally run better without it