News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Mad Dog Attacks Handeler!

Started by Brock Samson, May 05, 2007, 06:56:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brock Samson

Some of you may remember I decided to treat myself to a Birthday Present this past Tuesday as Per the Happy birthday thread,..
I've allways wanted a dog and had brought home my fair share as i grew up, but my Dad who had allways disliked dogs having been bit as a young child in N.Y.C. and then treated with needles for possible rabies, wouldn't allow them in the home and was genuinely afraid of them under any circumstance,..
When i moved out i took care of my roommate's animals, but never had one of my own...
So for my big Five O' I decided to fullfill my lifelong dream...                                                         :violin:

any how...

here he is in all his exuberant glory...
Ladies and Germs....
I present to you... PATRON The Wonder Pup!!!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CBlmWdpGydg

Troy

How cute! Sometimes they catch you off guard though don't they? ;)

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

dkn1997

You know...for a dog, he's good people.
RECHRGED

Brock Samson

here's some stills..

Brock Samson

i'm in love..  :yesnod:

Brock Samson

Brock Samson

Mopar440+6

Dave, he is freakin adorable! My pup knocks me down or off balance like that at least twice a day. Gotta love em tho!

I'm guessing hes an APBT or at least in part? How old is he and did you get him from a breeder or a shelter?

Cute pup though!
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

71ChallengeHer

mikepmcs

Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

Brock Samson

thanks man,.. the shelter, they are gonna make me jump though alot of hoops to secure him though, including classes for me and the pooch,  ??? a home inspection and some other stuff...
  I need to call a carpenter on Mon. to rebuild part of the back fence and rebuild the rotten stepsleading out there... and i gotta puppy proof the house too... though i have no idea what that means.. lol..
the trainers, really gave me a thorough going over too,.. They told me patron is a fav of theirs and they want to make sure he goes to the right home...
they also said they "put down" alot of APBT's and it breaks their hearts...  :'(
mine too..  :pity:

oh, yeah,.. he's eleven Mos. and approx. 60 Lbs.  :yesnod:

Mopar440+6

I know all about the "puppy proofing" the house deal, except I learned it the hard way. That usually involved buying new stuff after mine destroyed it. If hes gonna be inside alot crate training is the only way to fly. I'll warn you right now, expect to spend a large chunk of change on chew toys. If it says "indestructible" on the package, I'll give my dog 15 minutes before its done.

If he's only 60 lbs at 11 months expect him to be about 80-100 lbs within a year or so. Hes prolly as big as hes gonna get but he'll fill out and get a good bit stronger.

I'm glad to hear you saved him from the shelter. Most people think about getting a dog and go straight to the pet store or a breeder. It's worth the time and money in the end... :2thumbs:
"If you cant fix it with a wrench, get a hammer. If that doesn't work, get a bigger hammer!"

Brock Samson

yeah, my model collection in the living room is on three glass shelves supported by glass blocks,.. i can see it now one whack on that tail and...   :o

Charger_Fan

Great pup Strat, congrats! :cheers: He's the same exact flavor as ours. ;D
As stated earlier, you'll go through quite a few chew toys...the actual chew toys & accidental ones. :lol: These dogs can really shred things. Ours can whittle down pieces of 2x4's in no time. They're smart though & can definitely be trained.

The models? Yeah, I'd probably just put those away for a while. :icon_smile_tongue:

Oh & be prepared...when you take him for a walk, he'll probably walk YOU until you get him trained. :smilielol:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

bull

That's what happens when you put peanut butter in your ear.

CharlieCharger

From the Topic I was waiting for the dog to bite your ear off..nice dog.
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

thallium

Congrats on your new friend. They are great if you are a dog lover. I hope it is not a passing fad. I had a dalamation for 13 years until she passed away, great friend, but a lot of work. My friend has tried it twice now since he saw I had the same dog for such a long time. He bought a puppy and he had it for like 6 months until he realized it was tearing up everything and he sold it. Then just recently he had 2 golden retrievers and ended up selling those.  I think he forgot how much work they really are. Let me lay out the pro's and con's for you so you get to see what you get to look forward to.

Pro's :  1. they are your friend and will do anything for you, even die for you!

Con's:   1. you have to feed them every day.
           2. pick up poop daily       
           3.  give them baths
           4. pick up poop daily
           5.  get rid of fleas, on them
           6. get rid of fleas in the yard
           7. repace chewed up stuff, like hoses
           8. pick up poop daily
           9. teach them maners, like not jumping on people. they are doing it because they are friendly, but you'll have to teach them not to jump on people. manners etc..
          10. pick up poop.
          11. give them water everyday
          12. take them for walks
          13.  did i mention you get to pick up poop everyday?

just a little list of the fun in store for you   ;D      I know, i did it for 13 years.

Wheels of Terror

Quote from: Mopar440+6 on May 05, 2007, 11:16:37 PM
I know all about the "puppy proofing" the house deal, except I learned it the hard way. That usually involved buying new stuff after mine destroyed it. If hes gonna be inside alot crate training is the only way to fly. I'll warn you right now, expect to spend a large chunk of change on chew toys. If it says "indestructible" on the package, I'll give my dog 15 minutes before its done.

If he's only 60 lbs at 11 months expect him to be about 80-100 lbs within a year or so. Hes prolly as big as hes gonna get but he'll fill out and get a good bit stronger.

I'm glad to hear you saved him from the shelter. Most people think about getting a dog and go straight to the pet store or a breeder. It's worth the time and money in the end... :2thumbs:

Or they only want a small dog like a F#cking Chihauha :flame:

What a beautiful dog!! He is so hansome. Keep us up to date on the pics. just like human kids they grow fast.
1999 Pontiac Trans Am
1982 KARR Knight Rider Replica
2009 Dodge Avenger
Looking for another Third Gen Charger

mikepmcs

I wish I could have a dog and give him/her the attention they need.  sigh....
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

moparguy01

I agree, Dogs are great. I hope I can get myself a house sometime soon with a yard so that I can get a dog. I miss having them around, even though they destroy the place and make the yard into a mine field.

mikepmcs

quick story, tonight i drive home in the general and when I get to my driveway.. bunch of  dogs(all look the same) running all over my yard.  I hear some voices.  2 little dudes are trying to gather them up cause they got loose from my neighbors yard.  I'm like grab one and load em in the truck.  That didn't work so I held 2 of the pups while they gathered the rest... All across the street now(7 total)

Finally I said where is the mom.  She was handy so I said sweet talk her in to following you(translated means run down the street so she will follow)  Sure enough, as soon as the boys started running the rest of the pups followed in suit.  Happy ending, dogs are all home unharmed. :icon_smile_big:

v/r
Mike

K9COP

Brock, I'm a cop K9 handler in the Cayman Islands. I'm also a qualified dog trainer and behaviourist, having bred and worked with German Shepherds for around 16 years. I know your's isn't a Shepherd (he looks like pitbull mix) but if you need any advice, please contact me. There's some very important formative times coming up for you/him, and get it right now, and he'll be good forever.

Here to help... pic of mine attached

Paul
I'd rather push a Charger than drive a Mustang.. which is lucky..

My cars:
'69/70 Charger 440
'03 Range Rover
'05 Audi A8R
'93 Lotus Omega (SOLD)
'97 Jag U Are XK8 (For Sale)
'68 Charger 318 (for sale)
'74ish Charger 400Magnum (sold)
'89 Nissan Skyline GTR (sold)
'92 Jeep Cherokee 9" lift (sold)
95 Crown Victoria Police K9 unit work car! (in the great impound lot in the sky..)

CFMopar

Cute dog.. I love apbt to bad they were banned in my province... :(

Either way Thats the stuff u gotta be carefull of.. Gotta get it under raps now while his young.  Good luck. Glad to see him go to a good home!
1971 Charger SE 440 automatic
2014 Ram EcoDiesel Laramie
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCkKIkpXr-77fWg7JkeoV_g

Brock Samson

redoing the back yard as i type this gonna have the back steps rebuilt as a combo back steps doggie house..  :yesnod:
fence gonna be reinforced too,.. still gotta find a good spot for the breakables up high i think will work...
  also doggie school which is required and a box/kennel thing,.. and i too have to attend a class.. home inspection as soon as the yard is ready.. I been going to visit walk Patron every other day and he's come along allot in the past week,.. He's sitting on command and is not pulling nearly so hard on the leash, haven't heard a peep out of him yet,.. i keep expecting at least a woof,.. but none as of yet..
I'd appreciate any tips anyone has beyond the obvious... and certinly appreciate all your tips and support so far...   :yesnod:

It's amazing the resistance folks have when the word Pittbull is mentioned,..
  I think he's mixed with a blonde Lab or some such, anyone care to venture a guess?...

70charger_boy

Rate This Thread:

Did you find this topic usefull:

Report to moderator: