News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Ram Daytona

Started by Charger1970, May 04, 2007, 09:26:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Charger1970

I have a 2005 Ram Daytona. I lowered it down a couple of inches last weekend and thought some of you guys might be interested to see it.  :icon_smile_cool:
1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

chargerboy69

Sweet looking truck you have there.  :yesnod:
Indiana Army National Guard 1st Battalion, 293rd Infantry. Nightfighters. Fort Wayne Indiana.

A government big enough to give you everything you need, is a government big enough to take away everything that you have.
--Gerald Ford

ramit

Manfred318

Wow that looks pretty sweet :yesnod: :2thumbs:

Current MoPars:
1968 Charger. 318 Out of commission:(
1975 Dart Swinger. 225 Pops daily ride.
1990 Dodge Ram. 360FI My daily ride.
2007 Magnum R/T. 5.7 Family wagon.

oldkimmer

Back in the good old days 1968 charger rt 440 magnum . 1968  charger 383 magnum. The Beast has been Unleashed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

472 R/T SE

Hey Doug.  That looks saweet.  I want to do the same thing to my wife's truck, get rid of the ass end up in the air look.  My only concern is what it will do to the towing capability.  Maybe a set of air bag overload's?
Did you do the drop yourself?

Charger-Bodie

very cool truck, ive never seen one in a regular cab before . me likey!!! :D
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

mikepmcs

Ready for the Craftsman Truck Series with that bad boy!  The color is killer!!!! :METAL: :METAL: :METAL:

v/r
Mike
Life isn't Father Knows Best anymore, it's a kick in the face on a saturday night with a steel toed grip kodiak work boot and a trip to the hospital all bloodied and bashed.....for reconstructive surgery. But, what doesn't kill us, makes us stronger, right?

moparguy01

Color is nice, but dont care for the trucks much. They dont offer them in 4 wheel drive, and that spoiler would be in the way of hurling a deer carcass into the bed.  :icon_smile_big:

nice truck though

OttawaCharger

Quote from: moparguy01 on May 06, 2007, 04:51:36 PM
They dont offer them in 4 wheel drive, and that spoiler would be in the way of hurling a deer carcass into the bed.  :icon_smile_big:

nice truck though

Actually, you could get them in 4x4. 
1968 Charger -currently spread all over my garage!

moparguy01

really. well then the trucks move up a notch in my book. but the deer issue is still there....

CharlieCharger

Is that your Gulfstream in the background too?  :icon_smile_big:
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

Orange_Crush

Quote from: moparguy01 on May 06, 2007, 05:40:59 PM
really. well then the trucks move up a notch in my book. but the deer issue is still there....

The wing was designed to be easily moved to the front of the bed for just such an occasion (same with the SRT-10).
I ain't got time for pain, the only pain I got time for is the pain i put on fools how don't know what time it is.

70charginglizard

I like the rumble bee myself but that there is a VERY nice Daytona Ram yous got there.  :yesnod:
70charginglizard

moparguy01

Quote from: Orange_Crush on May 07, 2007, 01:10:55 PM
Quote from: moparguy01 on May 06, 2007, 05:40:59 PM

The wing was designed to be easily moved to the front of the bed for just such an occasion (same with the SRT-10).

In this case I now find these trucks acceptable.  :icon_smile_big: Carry on!

Todd Wilson

Quote from: OttawaCharger on May 06, 2007, 05:34:04 PM
They dont offer them in 4 wheel drive, and that spoiler would be in the way of hurling a deer carcass into the bed.  :icon_smile_big:

nice truck though

I would like to see a picture of a 4x4 Daytona truck.

Todd

Troy

Quote from: Todd Wilson on May 07, 2007, 02:19:30 PM

nice truck though

Todd

You got it (I personally like the two door two wheel drive models though).

Troy
Sarcasm detector, that's a real good invention.

Charger1970

QuoteHey Doug.  That looks saweet.  I want to do the same thing to my wife's truck, get rid of the ass end up in the air look.  My only concern is what it will do to the towing capability.  Maybe a set of air bag overload's?
Did you do the drop yourself?

Thanks. Seems I read on the Hotchkis website that either the tow rating or payload remains the same. (not 100% sure though) I did all the work myself. I really didn't bust my hump and it took me about 5 hours. The parts and alignment cost me just under $850. If I had to do it all over again I would probably go with the Hotchkis (or Eibach) springs on all four corners.

Quotereally. well then the trucks move up a notch in my book. but the deer issue is still there....

Just think, you could use that wing to tie a deer up for display. ha

QuoteIs that your Gulfstream in the background too? 
I have spent enough time on them that we could be commonlaw husband and wife.  :icon_smile_big:

These Daytona trucks were available in 2005 in any combination of burnt orange or silver, 2wd,4wd, 2dr and 4dr.
1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

CharlieCharger

You a pilot? or an A&P? Either way I envy you  :icon_smile_big:
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris

firefighter3931

Nice work Doug....the truck is very cool !  :icon_smile_cool:

Ron
68 Charger R/T "Black Pig" Street/Strip bruiser, 70 Charger R/T 440-6bbl Cruiser. Firecore ignition  authorized dealer ; contact me with your needs

Charger1970

Thanks Ron. I am loving it better than the 97 Blazer I had before.  :icon_smile_big:

QuoteYou a pilot? or an A&P?

I'm an A&P... since 1989.  :smash:

1970 Charger 500
2015 Challenger SRT

Todd Wilson

Quote from: Troy on May 07, 2007, 03:49:14 PM
Quote from: Todd Wilson on May 07, 2007, 02:19:30 PM

nice truck though

Todd

You got it (I personally like the two door two wheel drive models though).

Troy

Never have seen a 4x4 model. They dont sit very high for being a 4x4. Was wondering how high they sit. Never have seen a 4 door version either. I am with you the 2wd 2door is a better looking truck.

Todd

Lowprofile

Sweet truck Bro! Congrats!  I've been thinking of getting an SRT-10, in black, of course. :icon_smile_cool:
"Its better to live one day as a Lion than a Lifetime as a Lamb".

"The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and will to carry on."

Proud Owner of:
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1993 Dodge Ram Charger
1998 Freightliner Classic XL

BigBlockSam

man, thats a sweet looking truck. looks fast standing still .  :cheers:
I won't be wronged, I wont be Insulted and I wont be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to others, and I require the same from them.

[IMG]http://i45.tinypic.com/347b5v5.jpg[/img

daytonalo

Very nice work truck . If anyone knows of a wrecked Quad cab , let me know