News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Anyone ever get bored with their Charger? with pics

Started by 69pistolgripRT, May 04, 2007, 06:59:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

69pistolgripRT

I dreamed of Chargers for the first 25 years of my life and have owned them for the last 10. My dream car for sure. I own a finished '69 RT matching numbers four speed. It is a definite attention getter (aren't all Chargers) and constant trophy winner. It is not concourse, but is done the way I like it. Completely finished and driven often. Therein lies the trouble. I miss having something to tinker on. Half the fun is working on them and that half is over. I whined all the way through the resto and I'm whining again ;). I have a few other cars at my Dad's in Tx, but no room to keep them here in Ga. I'd be a fool to sell this one, and have no money for something new to work on. I probably need a good slap upside the head.

Anyone else ever have this problem?

I'm a long time lurker but seldom poster, so here are a few pics for those who haven't sen it before.
1969 RT 440 Pistol Grip 4-speed

Savannah, Ga

69pistolgripRT

1969 RT 440 Pistol Grip 4-speed

Savannah, Ga

Back N Black

Nope,your not alone.I have built a few cars in the past and when it at the level that i want or can afford i get bored. Now the Charger has always been a dream of mine and i have never did a complete restoration like i am doing now, so hopefully she's a keeper.
Very nice car BTW! :yesnod:

Ghoste

I prefer the driving part myself.  Of course, my car seems to need two hours of maintenance for every one hour of driving so maybe I am getting all the tinker fix I need.  I understand your plight though, definitely some guys find the restoration part more enjoyable.  I used to have a friend that only kept a car for two years at the most.  He just preferred the fixing up to all the rest.

pettyfan43

Hey, if you are bored with it, I'm in Alabama and will be GLAD to take care of that baby for you! Just say the word!

Just 6T9 CHGR

I feel the same way...A LOT.  Thats why I'm constantly trying to improve on things/ add features to the car.  For example this winter I added a power booster to the car....dindt NEED it but it was something "to do"

I am glad that the car is "done" enough to do these small projects, but I still miss the big resto stuff...a little ;)
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

PocketThunder

It gets even worse when you have someone ask "Is it for sale" and you dont respond with NO right away.   This has happened to me twice this week and now i'm thinking hard about it.  Plus with gas going up i cant afford 8 smiles per gallon much longer and i want to start over with a 6.1 like autodynamics is doing.  :scratchchin:

Speaking of him, i should check in with his post and see how he is doing........ :scope:
"Liberalism is a disease that attacks one's ability to understand logic. Extreme manifestations include the willingness to continue down a path of self destruction, based solely on a delusional belief in a failed ideology."

Brock Samson

As I've stated before,..  one reason i bought a project car was because i wanted to build a car the way i wanted it. I knew if i bought a perfect car or even one that was pretty much done i wouldn't get the same amount of enjoyment from it and would in fact be bored and be tempted to mess with it... that's even assuming i could afford a nicer car which at the time i couldn't, oh yeah maybe i could have taken out a loan, but i built so many models as a kid and with every one of them and there were literally many dozens, i dreamed it was a real car i was building.. i think i only built two of three stock, most were pretty radical..
and so there's is but only one cure...
yes,.. another project.
Hence my Battlestar Galactica Roar Runner project...  :icon_smile_wink:   :yesnod:
that's why you see so damn many really sweet hot rods and customs up for sale all the time, their owners have moved on to other projects..
so keep that Charger and get a fixer upper,..
I hear there is a hefty aftermarket for Scions...  :D

BB1

Sorry it's just you.  :hah:

I have 2 frick'en projects, I would be out of my skin to have them finally done. But alas are they ever really done.  :D
Delete my profile

Charger-Bodie

figure out something to do to it that really sucks !! then when you get that done you wont wish you could work on it so much!! :D
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Charger-Bodie

Quote from: PocketThunder on May 04, 2007, 08:27:39 PM
It gets even worse when you have someone ask "Is it for sale" and you dont respond with NO right away.   This has happened to me twice this week and now i'm thinking hard about it.  Plus with gas going up i cant afford 8 smiles per gallon much longer and i want to start over with a 6.1 like autodynamics is doing.  :scratchchin:

Speaking of him, i should check in with his post and see how he is doing........ :scope:

hey paul just stick a kiesler in that unit and save gas that way plus it would still be alot cheaper than a 6.1 .........ps i know this post is mainly about being bored but im thinkin you could buy a TON of gas for what a 6.1 gine , tranny , and electronics would cost!?
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

Mean 318

If I ever get this one done I will start another! "also not going to sell this one!" There is something kinda kool about watching them come together, that and saving a car that otherwise would have been crushed or rusted into the ground!

ck1

that two speed wiper motor gets me every time....could never figure out why they didn't go with all the same with the 3 speed ???
CJK

69bronzeT5

My car is starting to get ABIT boring because its not done yet. When I turn 16 and its finished. Theres no way it will be boring then. I'll probally pick up a project car sometime later on and get that going too and then the collection will start. ;)
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

kab69440

Bored with it? No. Disgusted with myself for seeing it sit for so long? Yes.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

69bronzeT5

Im with you man, my car has been getting in resto for almost 9 YEARS!!!!! :o :o :o
Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Ghoste

Think how much worse it would be if you were old enough to drive it Bronzy. (and I don't add this comment to be sarcastic btw)

kab69440

Quote from: 69bronzeT5 on May 05, 2007, 01:08:09 AM
Im with you man, my car has been getting in resto for almost 9 YEARS!!!!! :o :o :o

Amateur.
Imagination was given to man to compensate him for what he is not;  a sense of humor to console him for what he is.      Francis Bacon

WANT TO BUY:
Looking for a CD by  'The Sub-Mersians'  entitled "Raw Love Songs From My Garage To Your Bedroom"

Also, any of the various surf-revival compilation albums this band has contributed to.
Thank you,    Kenny

Jesus drove a Honda. He wasn't proud of it, though...
John 12: 49     "...for I did not speak of my own Accord."

RT DAVE

Feel free to stop by my place to work on mine if you're bored.   I'll even supply beer. 
68 CHARGER RT<br />06 MAGNUM RT<br />02 INTREPID SXT

red72chrgr

I get disgusted with not workin on it as much as I'd like, but not bored yet. Wanna work on mine for me? LOL Wish I'd known you were in Sav. when I was driving down there 2/3 times a wk, we coulda met at the Port Wentworth Pilot for a Coke and some bs.
Nothing personal, just business

Mike DC

JimShine

I understand the tinker factor. Sometimes its almost like the road getting there is more fun than the destination.

autodynamics

Pocket Thunder.....im doing well the 6.1 charger is unbelievable. i put about 500 miles on so far and its been incredible!!!! The power, shifting, and gas mileage are amazing to watch. I get almost 250 miles per tank! the power is sooooo smooth and linear. i was cruzing the other day on the parkway doing 80 at 2300 rpms. i wish all you guys can get a ride in a modern muscle car. It puts a smile on my face ear to ear when driving it. Im doing the stereo now.. i will post some pics when i do it. cant wait to crank some music through this beast, the am mono radio is doing much for me these day other than keeping me in touch with current events. any of you guys going to Englishtown this weekend? hopefully its not a wash out. plan on bringing the Charger there. i have some magazine shoots to do..

1BAD68

"Anyone ever get bored with their Charger? with pics"

No. But I bought one of my dream cars once and got bored with it pretty quickly, all original #'s matching 69 1/2 A12 SuperBee, then sold it and bought my 68 Charger.
Even though technically its a #'s matching car, its only a 318 and I'm able to do whatever I want to it and still sleep good at night.

CharlieCharger

I get overwhelmed more than bored..but I can see your point.. :-\
Earth. Even the word sounded strange to me now... unfamiliar. How long had I been gone? How long had I been back? Did it matter? I tried to find the rhythm of the world where I used to live. I followed the current. I was silent, attentive, I made a conscious effort to smile, nod, stand, and perform the millions of gestures that constitute life on earth. I studied these gestures until they became reflexes again. But I was haunted by the idea that I remembered her wrong -Solaris