News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

May Charger of the Month@ the '70 Charger Registry is a right hand drive beauty.

Started by 472 R/T SE, May 01, 2007, 03:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

472 R/T SE

Hey all.  Over @ the '70 Registry, Steve's (Charger Downunder) right hand drive beauty is one unique ride.  Also a export car.

Nice job Steve.

http://1970chargerregistry.com/Misc/cotm.html

Just 6T9 CHGR

That is so wild!  I wonder though how do the brakes work?  Is there a long rod & linkage to actuate the booster/master on the left side of the car?

Would love to see the under dash shots that are mentioned in the write up....
Chris' '69 Charger R/T

Fitz73Chrgr

Gorgeous car.  I'd sure like to see some of those conversion pics.
'73 Charger - project                '70 Charger - driver                 '66 Charger - survivor

Resto thread:
http://www.dodgecharger.com/forum/index.php/topic,89803.msg1019541.html#msg1019541

472 R/T SE

Here's a couple other pix that didn't make the cut.

Chris G.

Quote from: 472 R/T SE on May 01, 2007, 04:05:51 PM
Here's a couple other pix that didn't make the cut.

My bad Mike. I had them loaded, but forgot to put them in. It's all good now. Great job once again.  :cheers:

Check out those backup lights.  :o

Charger_Fan

I wonder how the brakes feel, since the pedal's got linkage that goes across the firewall too.
What a trip! Beautiful car, too. :thumbs:

The Aquamax...yes, this bike spent 2 nights underwater one weekend. (Not my doing), but it gained the name, and has since become pseudo-famous. :)

blackcharger

Beautiful Charger, I don't understand why the need to change the back up lights to turn signals when you can't miss those tail lights.

2fast4u

That is one cool ride!  kinda weird lookin' at the interior though! but still an awesome lookin' ride!!! :thumbs:

2fast
DODGE CHARGER--Fuel for Living!

charger Downunder

Quote from: blackcharger on May 01, 2007, 07:01:32 PM
Beautiful Charger, I don't understand why the need to change the back up lights to turn signals when you can't miss those tail lights.

In Australia we have amber turn signals,we can not have the red turn signals it saves cutting up the rear tail lights.
Their is a rod that goes across under the dash to the brake pedal,
Glad you all like the charger.
Steve
[/quote]

70charginglizard

Wonder why the grill emblems, antenna and gas cap never swapped sides when they did something like this?

sweet ride though. Thats for sure.  :yesnod:
70charginglizard

nakita7

So what happened with your heater box? It must have been shortened?

charger Downunder

Quote from: 70charginglizard on May 02, 2007, 01:35:12 PM
Wonder why the grill emblems, antenna and gas cap never swapped sides when they did something like this?

sweet ride though. Thats for sure.  :yesnod:

They only did what needed doing, the antenna is in a perfect location when i pull up at the side of the road it wont catch on trees as it will be on the inside for me as we drive on the other side.
[/quote]

charger Downunder

Quote from: nakita7 on May 05, 2007, 05:25:12 PM
So what happened with your heater box? It must have been shortened?
Thats right the heater box has had the fresh air piece taken off that runs up to the top of the cowl ,the round  intake hole has been blocked off, this was done to fit the steering across.
Steve
[/quote]

Dodge Don

71ChallengeHer

nakita7

In the picture it looks like the throttle cable goes through on the right side, is that right? Is it a long cable to the carbs?

charger Downunder

Quote from: nakita7 on May 06, 2007, 06:01:05 AM
In the picture it looks like the throttle cable goes through on the right side, is that right? Is it a long cable to the carbs?
Yes it sure does go through the right side the cable is a longer one.
[/quote]

hemi68charger

That is a very cool car and a very cool story !!!!!!!  Pretty cool how did they did the conversion......  Thanks for sharing...

Troy
Troy
'69 Charger Daytona 440 auto 4.10 Dana ( now 426 HEMI )
'70 Superbird 426 Hemi auto: Lindsley Bonneville Salt Flat world record holder (220.2mph)
Houston Mopar Club Connection