News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

should I sell or part out my 66 Charger

Started by skeets 66, May 15, 2007, 12:43:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

skeets 66

I just picked up a 67 Charger with a great body..now I have to decide weather or not to sell my 66 or part it out ??... :-\

The 66's body is not bad at all.....lower rear quarters have some rust, ,,,very little floor repair needed,,,solid trunk,,,,surface rust here and there,,,car has just about everything plus some parts,,,,except no motor & tranny,,but I do have a tranny for it,,,some interior parts are gone (seats and consol),,,car has a good title,,,orginally from Hawaii

So the question is to part it out or sell it whole ? I have no idea what it's worth to sell whole  :brickwall:

Any ideas what I should do ??.Any help would be appreciated

Jeff
jd114@verizon.net

41husk

I hate to part a Charger out unless it is just to far gone to save, and it doesn't sound like this one is that far gone.  Although first gen interiors are not found all over.
1969 Dodge Charger 500 440/727
1970 Challenger convertible 340/727
1970 Plymouth Duster FM3
1974 Dodge Dart /6/904
1983 Plymouth Scamp GT 2.2 Auto
1950 Dodge Pilot house pick up

skeets 66

I do have seats,,,,but not very good at all

68chrgrwife

i'll take it off your hands if you want :icon_smile_big:
MOPAR OR NO CAR BABY!
LOVING MY HUBBY: CHARGERMAN68
1973 DODGE CHALLENGER: SOLD :(
1968 DODGE CHARGER RT CLONE (OK, SO IT'S HUBBY'S BUT IT'S MINE TOO, RIGHT?)
2008 DODGE CHARGER
2005 DODGE MAGNUM R/T (YES IT'S GOTTA HEMI)!

69bronzeT5

Feature Editor for Mopar Connection Magazine
http://moparconnectionmagazine.com/

1969 Charger: T5 Copper 383 Automatic
1970 Challenger R/T: FC7 Plum Crazy 440 Automatic
1970 GTO: Black 400 Ram Air III 4-Speed
1971 Charger Super Bee: GY3 Citron Yella 440 4-Speed
1972 Charger: FE5 Red 360 Automatic
1973 Charger Rallye: FY1 Top Banana 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Road Runner: FE5 Red 440 Automatic
1973 Plymouth Duster: FC7 Plum Crazy 318 Automatic

Argos_Chargers

I agree that it is a shame to part a complete car.  However the money is usually in the parts.  It is a lot more work to part it,but if you do you can usually make a lot more money.  Of course, you might say I have an ulterior motive is writing this, since I am always looking for '66 parts...
MoPar -- The only way to fly!

pettyfan43

I have a 66. Don't take the thing apart if you don't absolutely have to. First generation Chargers are getting pretty scarce, and the 67 is more scarce than the 66.

You might try placing an ad in the cars for sale board here and on 66-67Charger.com

BUT if you are going to build that 67, you might want to look and see if there are parts you can use before you sell that 66. Parts are harder to find than whole cars!

I can use some pieces myself IF you part the car and you have what I need, but consider selling the car whole first, don't kill it if it isn't necessary.

Silver R/T

sell it, let someone else have a Charger
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

1968 silver/black/red striped R/T
My Charger is hybrid, it runs on gas and on tears of ricers
2001 Ram 2500 CTD
1993 Mazda MX-3 GS SE
1995 Ford Cobra SVT#2722

Dave22443

Sell it whole.  Then change your screen name  :D

America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.
- Abraham Lincoln

Khyron

Quote from: Silver R/T on May 15, 2007, 06:53:20 PM
sell it, let someone else have a Charger

Quote from: Dave22443 on May 15, 2007, 07:41:29 PM
Sell it whole. Then change your screen name :D

I agree ... and I think Silver put it the best. Right now, someone is franticly looking for that car. If it's as solid as you say. I think the right thing to do it sell it whole.

Before reading my posts please understand me by clicking
HERE, HERE, AND HERE.

Ghoste

skeets 66

Thanks guys for the imput....Sounds like the thing to do is sell it whole but do what Pettyfan43 said,,,,get the parts I need to do the 67 first then sell the car. The extra parts I have when I figure out what all is there, I will see who all needs them. If I can help out another Charger owner,I will do all I can

Thanks again Guys  ;)

A 66 will be up for sale soon (now if I can find out where my wife put the title  :brickwall: )

pettyfan43

Don't forget the 66-67 Charger yahoo group as well.

Somebody out there is looking for a new toy.

LargerCharger383

I hate to see chargers getting stripped for their guts, would much prefer to see it get sold as a whole, so that there may be a chance it'll get restored insead of scrapped.

skeets 66