News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

PP1 paint code

Started by lookin@my68, April 28, 2007, 09:42:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lookin@my68

Has anyone got a modern paint code for 68 Dodge PP1 RED 71483 ? 

My painter can't seem to find a match...

I just had some rust repaired in a lower quarter; and he mixed up a tint and it's way off >:(

He Uses Dupont paint - has anyone got an equivalent code for PP1 in Dupont?

MichaelRW

I checked the DuPont database and they don't have a formula for this code PP1. I found the DuPont formula number for this code which is 4770 and it stated there was no formula for that too. The 71483 number is a Ditzler paint formula number.

This rarely happens but it does every once in awhile. You might try calling the DuPont tech line at 866-861-4572. If they can't help you this is what we do when we can't find a formula. Go to the color chip books and find one as close as possible to the car. Your painter should be able to tweak the color slightly to match.
A Fact of Life: After Monday and Tuesday even the calendar says WTF.........

Charger-Bodie

the sikkens color map number for 68 pp1 is 407h5
68 Charger R/t white with black v/t and red tailstripe. 440 4 speed ,black interior
68 383 auto with a/c and power windows. Now 440 4 speed jj1 gold black interior .
My Charger is a hybrid car, it burns gas and rubber............

NorwayCharger

Here is the color chip for DuPont

Look here for more http://pc.dupont.com/hcl/?locale=en_US
AKA the drummer boy
http://www.pink-division.com

lookin@my68

Todd Wilson

What I found out when redoing my 71 that some paint stores cant just whip up a batch of such and such paint from the old days anymore.  What they can do is take their meter  and scan the color and then mix it.  You might take your car to the paint place and let them scan the color on the car to mix the paint to fix your patch. With fading of paint and differences in mixing I dont see how your paint guy will be able to mix paint out of thin air and have it match. In my case I took my trunk lid and they scanned the underside which still had like new paint. It was a perfect match when done. But they had no way of mixing B7 Chrysler blue by just throwing in some ingrediants and making paint.

Todd