News:

It appears that the upgrade forces a login and many, many of you have forgotten your passwords and didn't set up any reminders. Contact me directly through helpmelogin@dodgecharger.com and I'll help sort it out.

Main Menu

Reproduction wheel opening moulding trim ?

Started by Back N Black, May 01, 2007, 02:10:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Back N Black

I have seen the Reproduction wheel moulding trim for sale on E-Bay, would like to know if anyone has installed a set and what is you opinion on the fit and finish.

Thanks in advance

sean68charger

mine fitted well, but i have heard that others had problems
68 Charger 440 R/T<br />Burnout Bandit!!!

lxixcharger

The set I got looked good, but it was a little different than the original profile. I painfully straightened my old trim and polished it up. One piece of it was twisted up into a curl but you can't tell which one it was any more.  I will make you a good deal on a brand new set.

Chatt69chgr

I heard the repops were aluminum while the originals were stainless.

lxixcharger

From what I have, it's just the opposite. My originals are aluminum and the repops are stainless.

resq302

The original wheel well molding on my 69 Charger is stainless steel, not alluminum.  The repros are CHEAP alluminum that does not fit that well at all.  I am also restoring my originals as they fit so much better than the repros did.
Brian
1969 Dodge Charger (factory 4 speed, H code 383 engine,  AACA Senior winner, 2008 Concours d'Elegance participant, 2009 Concours d'Elegance award winner)
1970 Challenger Convert. factory #'s matching red inter. w/ white body.  318 car built 9/28/69 (AACA Senior winner)
1969 Plymough GTX convertible - original sheet metal, #'s matching drivetrain, T3 Honey Bronze, 1 of 701 produced, 1 of 362 with 440 4 bbl - auto

Back N Black

Thanks for the info. guys looks like i will be banging out the dents in my old ones.

Sweet T

I have them on my car but don't know if they are originals, or if someone made them at home.  They have a bunch of cuts in them to make the curves is that correct?  Someone also drilled about 4 sets of holes in them over the years.  Some people are just retarded.
No, it ain't a Hemi.....thank God!

charger Downunder

I bought a set of year one for my 70 charger they were stainless and fit fine.
[/quote]

bull

I believe both are stainless. They look the same once mounted but the repops are more flimsy because they used less material to make them. That said I think I'd rather have the real deal as long as they are halfway decent.